C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

FLYNN

Bryn and Flynn rested in their sleeping bags, looking up at the night sky. They had finally arrived at the camping spot just after nightfall, but it had taken awhile to finish dinner and set everything up. The campsite was empty, which was nice and disconcerting at the same time.

The stars seemed to be swirling in the night skying, forming constellations, disbanding, and forming new ones. Flynn was absolutely taken with the ability to see the night sky without all the light pollution in the sky. They were billions of different gleaming white pearls twinkling in a sea of inky black. He was convinced that he had never seen anything so beautiful in his life.

It was a full moon that night, and neither of them could remember seeing the moon looking that large ever in their lives. The moonlight cast gently, milky white light upon the escarpment, illuminating everything in an ethereal light.

"Makes you feel small, doesn't it?" Bryn whispered.

"Yeah. It really does," Flynn whispered back. For some reason, it felt wrong to disturb the natural silence taken ahold of the environment.

Flynn's gift to her would be something that she would always treasure because it built up in moments, and when her days inevitably worsen, she's glad that she has something to hold onto. She can't think him for literally changing her life. It seems too insignificant a gesture. To think that she had practically jumped his bones a few months ago! Bryn's glad that she's made the transformation.

Instead of responding, she just looks up at the infinite expanse of star studded sky and sighs in contentment. "I wish that we could just stay up here forever. Far away from all the bad things in the world." Bryn whispered, clasping her hands over her chest.

Flynn shot her a mischievous grin and said, "Permanency is an illusion, remember?"

For a second, Bryn remained silent before sitting up, and staring back at him with a blazing intensity that made his breath catch in his throat. "But this moment is endless."

Flynny's green eyes went wide with surprise before swimming with some unfathomably strong emotion. At that moment, with the pale moonlight reflecting off of Bryn's porcelain skin, her silver/black eyes baring into his soul, Flynn felt a sense of completeness inside of him that he couldn't ever remember feeling. He's now convinced that this is the most beautiful sight that he has ever seen.

In an instant, his hands were gently cupping her face as he kissed her softly, sweetly for the first time. Bryn responds back seamlessly, and it's pretty much the most amazing kiss of all time. Flynn feels something akin to floating butterfly's brushing with infinite tenderness inside his stomach, and a strong tugging, yearning sensation in heart. He wonders if he's got some sort of medical disorder when he realizes something far more powerful, far more troublesome, far more fulfilling is at work instead.

When Flynn finally breaks the kiss, gasping for air with the biggest, stupidest grin on his face, and he sees Bryn smiling tenderly back at him, breathing heavily as well, he knows. He's in love.
-------------
I know short chapter. Pls vote and comment.