Chapter 7

Nathalie is finally discharged from the hospital after four days of observation.

The days she stood in the hospital were exhausting, doctors and nurses were running tests on her almost every day, and even though she is grateful for the care that was provided to her she just wishes to be able to rest probably.

They tell her that she must be extremely careful and cautious, so she can avoid another unfortunate situation like the one that landed her here.

They also recommended lots of rest, and to make sure she doesn't take part in any heavy activities.

The hospital set her up with an Ob-Gyn that will be monitoring her pregnancy, which she is thankful for because now she doesn't have to worry about finding one herself.

—---

Gabriel has been here everyday.

They mostly don't speak because none of them is brave enough to do so, or maybe it's because there isn't much to say.

Regardless, Nathalie appreciates his presence, but it's also difficult for her because of everything that has happened between them. She still has in her memory the words he said, and his reaction to her pregnancy.

Her heart is still very hurt, and she feels that he is only here with her out of remorse. Regardless, she is grateful for his support.

———

There's a knock on the door, and Nathalie allows the person behind the door to enter.

It's Gabriel.

He's got clothes and a pair of shoes for her, so she can change, and finally leave this place.

Nathalie is sitting at the edge of the bed, wearing a hospital bathrobe. She took a shower while he was gone.
The nurse provided a shower chair, so she was able to shower without any complications.

———

"I've got everything you might need." He tells in a gentle voice.
"Would you like me to help you get dressed?" He asks very innocently.
As soon as those words leave his mouth, she feels her eyes burst wide open, she definitely wasn't expecting him to ask her that.

Gabriel clearly sees her hesitation and shock because he quickly attempts to reassure her,

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, I just thought you might need some assistance." He tells her in a soft voice.

Nathalie doesn't want Gabriel to help her because she obviously feels uncomfortable with him viewing her in such an immodest state, even though he already saw her wearing nothing on that silly night, she still feels embarrassed.

But, she doesn't have the strength to do it alone. Her body is so weak and fragile, and she's afraid to get herself in another awful situation, so she simply nods, so he can help her get dressed.

———

Gabriel is so gentle with her, his touch is so light and tender it's almost as if it weren't there.
But it is, she feels his large, yet gentle hands on her bare skin. The way his hands pass through her skin make her feel as if she were made out of porcelain with how delicate he is being with her.
He's so focused yet, so polite, he doesn't let his eyes roam around or see more than they should see.
This feels so intimate yet so professional.

———

The nurse informs them that their cab has arrived, and that they are free to leave. She brings a wheelchair, so Nathalie can be escorted in it.

When they are finally outside, Gabriel helps Nathalie slowly get up off the chair and into the cab. They thank the hospital staff once more, and finally head to the place that will be their home for the next following months.