Chapter 16

It's been 8 weeks since Alexander was born, and the Agreste family is finally back in Paris.

After Nathalie had given birth, her doctor had told her that she needed to allow at least a month to pass, to allow her body to fully recover.

As soon as she was given permission to travel, they all packed their stuff, and headed back to Paris.

———

Entering the mansion is a whole new experience for all individuals, especially for Nathalie. She never imagined that she would return to this home in this form. She would've never imagined that she'd become the mother to a baby boy, and have Gabriel by her side, caring for her and especially loving her.

Nathalie slowly walks into the mansion with Alexander in arms, and Gabriel and Adrien by her side. Adrien quickly makes a beeline for his bedroom, but not before asking if it is okay if he tells his friends about his new baby brother. Gabriel and Nathalie tell him that it is okay, and the boy quickly and enthusiastically runs up to his bedroom.

———

Gabriel guides Nathalie into his bedroom, completely ignoring her old room.
As soon as they enter the room she catches a glimpse of a bassinet located on the side of the mattress.
Gabriel notices her looking at it as he closes the door of the bedroom.

"The moment I knew we could come home, I asked for a bassinet to be placed in this bedroom, so Alexander could sleep in it." Gabriel says, smiling at her. "I want to set up a nursery for him, but I want us to do that together." He continues as he takes their son from her arms and places the sleeping baby in the bassinet.
Nathalie smiles at his statement, but quickly looks away from him as soon as she sees him lay their sleeping baby in the bassinet.

She walks towards the large sliding doors that lead to the balcony, and begins to stare at the outsides of an always lively Paris. Nathalie leans against the cool door, and her blue eyes get lost behind the screen.

Gabriel watches her for a bit, a little confused with her action. He'd thought she would come straight to bed and rest after such a long and exhausting trip. He softly runs his thumb over his son's forehead, and then walks towards Nathalie.

"What's wrong?" He whispers as he reaches her, and places his hands on her hips and begins to nuzzle her hair with his face.
Nathalie doesn't immediately respond because she doesn't even know what she's feeling exactly. She's happy to finally have her son and to be with Gabriel, but she still feels a little strange about it, and everything is so hard to process.
She finally turns around and meets his soft gaze, and as she looks at him, she can see the love in his eyes, and her heart flutters a bit at that.
"I don't know." She finally replies as she places her hands on his chest. "I guess... I just feel a little odd, that's all." Nathalie shrugs, and averts her eyes once again.
"Odd?" He asks. "About what?"
"I don't know..." Nathalie says as she takes a deep breath and turns her back to him once again. "I'm probably just being silly, that's all." But Gabriel can feel her a little tense, and he softly grabs her arms to make her look at him again.
"I know this is all new to you because it's also new to me, but I love you Nathalie, and I know we can make this work, we just have to do it together. I need you by my side and I need you to trust me. I love you Nathalie, I love you so much." Gabriel's voice is so soft and his words are so pure that they make her know that he loves her.
Nathalie looks at him and by only looking at his eyes, she can see that being here is not a mistake at all.
"I love you too, Gabriel." She responds leaning towards him so their lips can meet.

———

Their kiss is so warm and it transmits all the love the two feel for each other. Gabriel's hands cradle her face and part of her neck, as Nathalie's own hands get lost in his hair. They finally break apart, and with eyes full of love and affection, they walk towards the mattress and lie down to finally rest.

"I love you, Nathalie." Gabriel says as he embraces the woman he is in love with.
"I love you too, Gabriel." She replies as she places her head on his chest, and closes her eyes as sleep begins to claim her.