Interview part Five

Piers

"Welcome back so before the break we was talking to Ellie and Leah's mothers.  Now I think it's time to discuss the birth of your beautiful babies.

This gets Leah and Ellie all excited. As they sit there and watch a montage of pictures of Ellie pregnant at scans Leah crying at the heart beats. Ellie doing a silly dance which she put on TikTok of her and Leah dancing to "baby mama" to pictures of Ellie in a theatre gown and Leah in scrubs.

"Fuck you looked hot" Ellie whispers to Leah.

Then pictures emerge of the babies when they were first born, a picture of Ellie in a hospital bed tubes coming from everywhere. The picture of Ellie holding the babies when she was still in a coma.

"Fuck" Leah whispers tears streaming her face. Ellie trying to comfort her the best she can. She sees her friends crying Katie the worst.

"You okay" Ellie mouths Katie just nods.

The video ends with Ellie coming home both babies in each arm and Leah smiling at the video saying happy family.

"Wow powerful"

Ellie

"You can say that again"

Piers

"Leah are you okay"

Leah

"In good just puts into perspective what we went through. what was supposed to be an amazing experience turned into my worst nightmare in a split second"

Piers

"So you have never shown the picture of you in the hospital bed have you"

Ellie

"No we haven't I bet that surprises everyone. we were getting a lot of messages around the babies birth to why none of us were talking about it and now you see why. I mean I know my court case was big but it didn't show that did it"

Piers

"It certainly didn't, so can you take us back to that day"

Ellie

"I'll start and try my best but Leah will have to carry it on as I don't remember much"

"So I was scheduled for a section, the babies too big to birth naturally now this wasn't what I planned it wasn't what we planned. But it was what was best for the babies. Now as you can imagine we were excited that after the surgery we were going to have our babies. As we went into the theatre Leah was by my side. The doctors got to work. Now all I remember is that I started to feel cold, tired and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I knew there was something wrong. I heard them say the babies heart beat was dropping and then I heard the doctor say that my blood pressure was dropping. I remember turning to Leah and saying le if anything happens save the babies, of course Leah replied telling me not to say that and she loved me the I said I love you. That was all I remembered"

Piers

"So Leah what happened then"

Leah

"Fuck....erm...." Leah's voice shaking through her trying to hold back tears.

"Take your time baby it's okay, I'm here" Ellie whispers.

"So Ellie said I love you then she flat lined is what I think the doctor called it. I was pulled away quite quickly by the nurses, there was blood a lot of blood the babies were delivered and taken away quite quickly. When I look back I just seen them jumping up and down on Ellie obviously trying to get her heart back beating"