Chapter 2

The marriage contract was terminated the next day as promised

The marriage contract was terminated the next day as promised. Ace signed the papers, then raised his eyes to meet Asher’s.
This isn't over.

Asher’s parents were saddened, they weren't prepared to wake up to such heartbreaking news. They had high hopes both were going to get married so that Tristan would feel uncomfortable and leave the palace.

Owen looked at them, seated opposite. “Is not that we don't respect your decisions,” he glanced at his wife, then continued. “I'm just curious about what led to the sudden action.”

Ace and Asher darted to themselves knowingly. Ace turned to his parents with a smile. “We’re better off as friends.”

“Oh, if you've both agreed, then I hope you become good friends,” Alice smiled warmly.

“Closest friends,” his father chirped.

Ace bowed his head in appreciation. “Thank you.” He turned to Asher. “Could you show me around your magnificent castle? We can build our friendship that way.”

Asher sneered.
To hell with friendship.

“Asher?” his mother called, then gave him that ‘be nice’ look.

He exhaled. “Fine, I'll show you around.”

Asher took him for a tour in the castle, Scarlet tagged behind like he told her to.

Tristan arrived in the palace and sighted them from afar.
Oh, Asher has a visitor?

They conversed about the lush green plants, and beautiful flowers arranged to their species in the great garden.

Ace’s eyes narrowed to the bug in the middle of Asher’s head, he stretched his hand to remove it.

“What are you doing?” Asher shrinked

“Hold still, there’s a bug on your head.”

He screamed. “A bug? Get it off!”

Ace picked it up without crushing the fragile creature, he dropped it in the soil, then chuckled. “You’re afraid of bugs?”

Asher yelled. “Who wouldn't?”

Tristan walked to them, then glared at Ace.

Asher squealed and hugged him. “Honey! You're back.”

“I missed you too,” Tristan kissed his lips, he squinted at Ace like he was threatening him.

Tristan darted to Ace after they separated. “Who’s this?”

Asher was about to speak when Ace said. “I am Asher’s fiance,” he moved forward, his hands folded, with an intimidating stare. “And you are?”

Tristan frowned. “Asher’s husband.”