Chapter Twelve - Starboy

"Well, shit." Arabella pouts, looking at the sky with a disappointed face.

She let herself down over some petty compliment.

How foolish.

   Seo was beside her, also staring at the stars as they twinkled in some way which made him chuckle. He glanced at her pouting face, her mouth shaped like a frown.

   As much as their silly contrary, they still both have issues and secrets to hide. As much as the other doesn't want to reveal as the other, it's a win for each. The wind was still as cold as the night, and their silence just made it quite... opulent- But none of them would admit it was.

  "Now what?" Arabella mumbled, putting her knees together. "You know the rumors are true now, you're gonna hate me now right?"

Seo smiled warmly and breathed a sigh, kind of like a calm one.

"Not at all."

"Huh?"

   Arabella was confused, how would anyone have such a reaction just right after almost killing them? It wasn't likewise nor normal to ever not hate the person who also was a fake to you since the start.

A fraud.

   "You spared me, that's number one. I'm grateful for that. And we both have personal secrets to hide, there's no point otherwise that we'd just end up telling each other like this. Plus we owe each other too, for not telling each other's secrets."

He chuckled, tracing his fingers. Eyes focused on the asphalt, dark and rough.

  "Why are you doing this?" Arabella shot him a concerned look, tilting her head to the side, enough to see his expression.

A look of disappointment, yet also with a hint of acceptance.

  "Because I lo-" He stopped himself short, almost blurting out the feelings he was supposed to hide somehow.

  His face turned scarlet red, and he hid his face in his knees, Arabella grimaced at his reaction although she didn't quite catch what he almost said.

"Because I care about you." He let out, and he could feel a pout from Arabella.

    "Despite the rumors being true?" She whispered.

"Mhm."

"...despite the rumors" He finishes.