Chapter Thirteen - Mr. Peculiar

Since that night, the two distanced themselves from each other, afraid that the fate of such an event would ruin their camaraderie-if they truly had one, for the least.

  Whenever the other would approach others, they would glance or stare at them, and made sure to use their ears just in case one of them spoiled their secret.

  It had been going on for days, for Seo, it terrified him quite a little every time Arabella stared at him intensely. For Arabella, it didn't even scare her an inch, it was like she was nonchalant. After all Seo's stare wasn't intimidating since it looked kind of like he was curious, unlike hers.

But in all that's been going on, it was fine.

Seo was lovesick.

  As much as he almost blurted out his words, he distanced himself more and more but still remained gentle and nice towards her. Even if he hasn't confessed his premature feelings that he tried to get rid of early, which also failed, he always thought she wouldnt feel the same way.

I'm upset.

He whined inside his head, groaning while laying down exaggeratedly in his bed.

  He stared at the ceiling, blank but filled with glow in the dark stars. It felt weird that he was a star himself but people keep mischaracterizing the shape of a star. He grimaced at the thought of it, but still he sighed.

   Seo was also the kind of boy who'd often think over his actions over and over again, like an overthinker. His brother, himself, states that it is quite a big red flag for him, and he couldn't be more wrong.

  Nothing was really going straight nor in the right path in his life lately, especially now that he's older, he has a load of responsibilities up on his shoulders given by his aunt.

   Although he was by no means "lazy", he still procrastinates. No, he wasn't forced to be a perfect child, everybody accepted him and loved him the way he was. And he is grateful for that, that's why he wanted to at least live up to their expectations to thank them back, but he seems to struggle doing so.

   Seo was the black sheep in his family, and everyone loved his sense of rebelling. Not in the way that he'd run away from home or disrespect their decisions, it was more like he was different from the rest of the family.

  But, in a more artistic chaos.

  Like how he took up the art of dance instead of the certain family inheritance of doing arts like painting and the like. And on the inside, he feels like Arabella had already seen this in him.

   Seo groaned, his face buried in the soft fabrics of his bed, his clothes tinted with some of his brother's paint splashes from his brush because of their teasing earlier.

  "I hope nothing makes me stay up late tonight." He pondered to himself.