Chapter Twenty - The Music Box

Finally, some space.

  "Do you feel better now?" Valerie asked, not letting go of her best friend's hand, whom was looking around the grassy and free form area.

"Yeah," Arabella contentedly sighed, a smile formed on her face.

"Im glad we finally darted out of that place," Seo groaned, his drink still intact in his hand.

   Apparently, Seo thought it was a good idea to bring a drink outside, which the two girls were just stunned, looking at him blanky, while he shot them a perplexed look.

"What? I'd be thirsty." He remarked.

   It was a moonlit night, which kind of reminded Arabella on her usual, mission nghts where she'd do all these horrible things. It was scary, and she was scared. but she's done this many times before right?

   Why should she be scared now? Will those vengeful dying spirits bring her down to the end of the line? Will she ever see he loved ones again? Will the moon forever look at her in a pitiful way? What a waste of a life she's had.

"Mon'." A stern voice calls out to her.

   She blinks. She's sitting on a bench, almost swaying herself to the ground. Seo was gripping on her shoulders, trying to keep her steady. God, the world feels so queasy tonight.

   "Fremir." She replies, words all slurry, and Seo seems to be oddly calm with her accidentally calling his family name instead of his usual name.

  "Something's not right." Valerie states, looking all concerned as she grimaced. "She was fine earlier, what seems to be keeping her on autopilot?"

The air feels tight. It feels suffocating. There's that feeling again.

"Father was right." Seo murmured, pulling her to an embrace as her eyes flutter helplessly.

----
5 days before...

   "I don't really feel good about this, Leo." Seo grimaced as he chatted with his brother.

  "Oh come on!" Leo smirks as he hits Seo in the sides. "We only visit our relatives once a month."

   Seo knows the drill himself, but he doesn't really feel comfortable when he sees his relatives, especially his father.

   It was a Sunday afternoon, and his aunt Kassandra was driving them to the Fremir Mansion, where all of their family meets up, or at least most.

   He always found it awkward for himself, especially since due to the point that he barely interacts with most of his cousins, and the thought of him being literally adopted makes it odd even more.

   Soon, they stopped in front of a lavish gate, one Seo wouldn't go through if he had a choice.

  A guard chatted with his aunt for a while, then opened the gates as the car drifted to the nearby parking lot. The parking lot was already full of cars, fancy andbvintage ones even, which Seo got reminded of that his relatives were probably all present, possibly except for the mere presence of his father of course.

   "It seems they've arrived early this month, quite the miracle." Kassandra scoffed, taking off the keys. "Come on boys, let's head in."

   Leo opened the door, chuckling to his mother's sarcasm as Seo followed on behind, tugging to his brother's coat like a scared child.

   He pursed his lips, and tries to not think pessimistically like he always does before even entering the damn mansion.

  The trio makes their way to the entrance, Kassandra's keys jingling as she puts it in her wallet, Leo's improbable chat as he skips, Seo thinks it's all a hazy moment.