Chapter 9

rowan pov

rowan pov

I smile at the front of an ice cream shop as Rowan goes to open the door for me after my big embarrassing melt down.

It seemed like even though I was embarrassed Rux was unbothered; back to showing his emotionless face instead of the guy who held me to his side and let me cry all over him.

Roux placed his hand on my back as we headed inside, choosing ice cream and adding toppings on top. Roux was bored and got plain strawberry ice cream. While my cup was filled  to the brim with all toppings so many that you couldn't even see the chocolate ice cream underneath.

With a little resistance on paying for my ice cream even though he only got a plain strawberry flavor. I mean if he wasn't going to get any toppings at least he could have gotten a better flavor.

Once I chose where to sit down I immediately dug into my cream practically moaning at the taste of all the flavors. Opening my eyes after my moment I saw roux looking at me but I just smiled sheepishly at him. "You want to try my ice cream." I ask him.

He was staring really hard as if he wanted some. 

He didn't really reply as I was already scoping up my ice cream and placing the spoon full close to his mouth. Without a second though roux opened his mouth up eating the scoop of ice cream.

I looked at him expecting him to say something. "It's better than yours isn't, you don't have to say how but  next time we can share my ice cream."

He didn't say anything  but I know he loves it.

"Roux what something you always wanted to try." I ask.

"I really haven't had anything I wanted to do that I haven't already done."

He has to be joking right. There were so many things that I really wanted to do. I mean everyone did right?

"Really like nothing".I say him shaking his head no.

NO wonder he always looked emotionless; he never had anything to  look forward to doing. " Well, I have always wanted to go to the beach and lie on the sand." 

My siblings and parents always went once a year but always had an excuse to leave me at home.

Their most used excuse was my grade. At first I would beat myself over the fact I could do nothing right but then I realized I would never go after one year. I had worked my butt off keeping my grades at A's and B's but still could go.

I was taken out of my thoughts when he just stood up. What is with him and just leaving.

"We are we going now." I asked about grading my ice cream that I haven't finished yet.

As he walked out the door I struggled to keep up with his strides. He was walking regularly but his towering height compared to me had me have to practically jog to keep up with him.