5

Wednesday, January 24
12:35  a.m

I lay in the hospital bed with my broken ankle cast up, Toshi hasn't left my side ever since the injury on the soccer field.

Why does having him around feel pretty normal to me?

I stare at him as he sits on the couch next to the window, he's doing school. He has his book on his lap as he takes notes, his big hands covering the pencil.

I blush and look away, it's the next day and I've still in the hospital bed since six in the afternoon.

The girls came in visits one by one and apologized for not looking closer and for leaving me alone. I did my best not to cry, I tried to stay strong but deep down I was weak, and I lost my passion for soccer.

With just one mistake is all done.

I stare at my ankle and every thought in me is blank.

I haven't called my uncle or my family, I don't want it to get a big deal. Why? My dad will sue the school, my mom will turn into a Karen, and my uncle will try to get me back into volleyball.

A knocking on the door makes me look away to see the doctor coming in, "hey." He smiles shyly and walks up to me.

"Hey." I slightly smile.

"I got your results back." He says and hands me a piece of paper. "The injury wasn't that bad as you can see on the paper, but I do recommend you take good care of your ankle. In the paper, there's a list of things you can and cannot do." He points at the list. "I do recommend telling your boyfriend to help you take a bath.-"

He continued talking but my whole mind went blank again! I can feel my whole face slowly turn red, I glanced at Toshi to see him with the same cold expression.

"Boyfriend." He calls Toshi and looks up. "just make sure you take good care of her, there is going to be a prescription sent so make sure she takes those on time, make sure she gets enough meals and sleep." He winks and walks out.

I was left speechless, I didn't know what to say. I watch as the doctor walks out and looks at Toshi who is looking at me with a blank expression.

"I'm not taking care of you." He says and goes back to reading the book.

He looks attractive when he reads, his serious face makes it funny in a cute way!

"Hey, Toshi?" I ask a little embarrassed.

"What?" He asks not looking up at me.

"Do you mind helping me use the bathroom?" I whisper, too embarrassed to ask but I need to go!

"Why me?" He asks.

I rolled my eyes and started getting up feeling bad for being too outgoing for asking. "Never mind," I say quietly.

I slowly retreat my leg from the pillow and scoot to my left trying to leave the bed, facing my back to Ushijima. When I was about to stand up I was swift off the floor into strong arms.

"Ah!" I squeal at the sudden movement and quickly look up at Toshi to see him with his cold face, but a little bit of blush. "Thank you." I chuckled, my face feeling hot from the sudden movement.

5:30 p.m

I was discharged from the hospital today, I was doing pretty good the whole night so they said that I was good to go.

We are now back home, I managed to take a shower by myself it was hard but I did it! I am now lying on the sofa with my leg up as I watch Despicable Me 2, I love this movie!

Although Toshi taking me a shower made my body feel... hot.

Anyways!

The cute thing was that Toshi never left my side, he stayed with me from the beginning till the end and I do not understand why. Maybe because we are close friends?

"Hey, Toshi?" I ask and turn my head to my right, and see him cutting some fruit.

"What?" He responds, not looking up as he carefully and gently peels the mango.

"Are we friends?" I ask.

"No." He responds right away with a small smile.

He smiled and I froze, I'd never seen him smile he always with a cold face but his smile was the best.

"Whatever you say!" I sing and turn my attention back to the TV.

It has been a few minutes, and the only sound that is being heard is the TV. The sound of the chair being slid back to its place sounded but I did not want to look I was shy!

"Eat," Toshi said making me jump. I look up at him with widened eyes and a beating heart, "sorry." He apologizes.

I took a deep breath and controlled my beating heart. "It's okay," I smile and look down at his hand which is holding a plate, the mangos are cut into tiny pieces. "For me?" I ask with teary eyes.

"Yeah." He says shove the plate in my hands and walk away.

"Thank you." I chuckle.

Would it be too early to be feeling like... this?

Toshi

🏐

11:10 p.m

I stare at the white ceiling, my brain won't shut down and I'm not sure why.

I stayed with her throughout everything and why? I'm not sure, but something in me was telling me to stay and watch out for her.

I don't care.

I. do. not. care!

I run my hands down my face frustrated at myself because all I think about is her!

Her smell

Her beautiful eyes

Her lips

Her hair

Her voice

Everything about her is memorized in me! There's not a thought without her in me.

I kicked the covers away from my body stood up and made my way towards the living room.

As I got closer I made sure to walk slowly, I bent over her to see her peacefully sleeping, the sound of the TV playing and the light illuminating her features.

I walk around and bend down at her level, I stare at her and admire her peaceful face.

"What are you doing to me, sunshine?" I whisper, unsure of what this feeling is.

🏐