Alone

*tw: detailed mentions of SH and thoughts of su!cide- please don't read if you find these topics triggering*

We woke up the next morning. My arms wrapped around her and her head on my chest. Many tears were shed the night before but we decided it was going to be good for us to have a bit distance for a week as since I'd moved in we had done everything together and didn't go out anywhere with anyone else. We had packed her suitcase and then watched The Lost Boys which is one of her favourites. It's about vampires. It was actually really good.
But now we lay cuddled up together as though if one of us let go the other would never come back. I was driving her to the airport at eleven and it was a recovery day for me so I was just gonna do my daily stretches and routine for my ankle and then I had the day to myself. Not that I had anything to do without her.

Currently it was nine a.m and neither of us were planning on moving but we knew we had to.

"You're so comfy' she whisperers. Her voice is dry and raspy and I feel my heart flutter.
I pull her closer to me so her body is basically on top of mine and she nuzzles her face into the hoodie I'm wearing.
We stay like that until her final alarm goes off at half past. She rolls off of me and reluctantly goes for a shower. I sit on the bed and scroll through my phone until she's done. I know the one thing you're never supposed to do is look for articles on yourself but I can't help myself. I end up scrolling through comments sections with people debating my worth as a player and some even criticising my person.
But then Liv comes back and I snap out of it.

"Oh I don't want to leave you" she says as she walks over and kisses my temple. Her hair is sopping wet and dripping everywhere and she's got a towel wrapped around her beautiful body.

"I don't want you to leave either but you need to go. It will be good for us both- and you need to see your family" I say with a frown. I want to scream. I want to cry. But I know I can't. She needs to go home and be with the people that love her.
She pouts before turning around and picking out her outfit. I go to the bathroom to shower. I grab my towel from 'my bedroom' and flick on the lights.
I shut the door and start the shower while I undress. I look at my reflection in the mirror. My ribs are more obvious than they were, my muscles are more defined and the veins in my arms are much more intense. My hair is in a right state though.
I sigh as I rub my face and step into the shower. The water is a bit too hot but I don't mind. I shampoo my hair twice, condition it and then brush it out before tying it up in a bun. I step out of the shower and wrap the towel around my body. Before I leave I squeeze out my hair so it doesn't drip everywhere.

I leave the bathroom and go into our room. Liv is lying on the bed with tear stained cheeks. She's only going for a week but it might as well be a decade.
She's in grey tracksuit bottoms and a black fleece. Her hair is still wet but it's tied up in a loose bun on top of her head. I blush for some reason as her eyes look me up and down.
I stand awkwardly in the door frame.

"Cariño come here" she says softly. I'm put at ease and walk over to her. She hold my face by my jaw.
"Listen, mi amor, I love you. I really love you. I'm going to miss you but it's only a week. And I'll bring you back nougat. We can call everyday and I want you to talk to me. You won't be bothering me, I promise. But you need to promise me you'll tell me if anything happens"

"I promise" I whisper as tears brim in my eyes but I quickly wipe them away and give her a kiss before standing up to go and get changed. My clothes are all still in 'my room' across the hallway. I put on leggings and a hoodie and I grab an old t-shirt and wrap it around my head in hopes of giving my waves a lease of life.
Liv goes into the kitchen and I hear her making a cup of tea. I walk in and sit myself up on the counter as she makes toast. She makes me a piece and a tea. I smile at her as she hands it to me. Her eyes are so pretty in the morning. Or just all of the time. We eat our toast together in silence. It was comforting silence though. She got all of her things ready at the front door and she kept thinking she'd forgotten something and would go through her checklist again and again.