Chapter 7

Inks pov

I sit on the edge of the plush bed. The one Dream made sure was extra soft so it was best for sleeping. My legs are swinging back and forth, keeping me grounded from the overwhelming amount of positivity running through my bones.

Dream had to leave hours ago. He left me alone in this somehow big and so, so small space. He had to do our guardian work, as people believe I've ran away. Or at least thats what Drem told me. I'm not sure what to believe anymore.  Should I believe someone to drugs me for his own benefit? Im pretty clear on that now. Its his benefit. Not mine... or is it?

I look over the spines of the books he gave me again. There are three. One about art history, one fantasy, and one about gardening. All things he believed I would enjoy.  But I've read them over and over.  There's nothing new to read. I just have to wait to forget the materials before I can even enjoy it again, but my memory always gets jogged when I read the first few sentences. I wish I could paint. But that brings me natural joy, and thats only allowed when Dream is here.

Then I look up and see it. The stairs. At the top is a thick wooden door with no ligt coming through the edges. No one could hear in.. or out.

I slowly climb them and set my hand on the heavy wooden plate that stands between me and the outside world, and, to my suprise, it opened. It swings outwards and bangs on the wall behind it.

Then I look up, and see it. The stairs. I
I begin to run, run as fast as I can. I get to the edge of the Au, before realzing I cant go any further, as my magic has been cut. I scream in frustration, before in fear as something wraps around my throat. Then a shocking wave of pain goes through my bones. 

"We're going home, Ink" Dream snarled

He began dragging me by the collar he put on, back to the basement.