Chapter 6

The two weeks leading up to the UA Sport's Festival flew by in a blur, [Y/N] spent most of it trying to keep Mei's 'babies' contained to the basement. She was usually successful, but the few that escaped her carefully planned security measures (a net attached to a fire extinguisher by a string) did cause a few marks both in the house and on [Y/N].

"Mei you'll do amazing, just try not to get hurt. I hate this thing." [Y/N] shuddered thinking back to her own Sports Festival where she was almost beat to a bloody pulp but managed to wiggle out of the boy's clutches to knock him out. Her [eye colour] eyes moved to the smaller girl stood next to her, her large bulging backpack strapped tightly to her back. Mei wasn't listening, she was staring in awe at the stadium.

"Yeah, yeah Auntie I'll be fine." Mei waved her concerns off dismissively and went to take a step in the direction of the student entrance, but [Y/N] grabbed her arm gently. Mei turned to her aunt; [Y/N] looked concerned. "Auntie listen I'm not a hero student so people will just brush me off," Mei placed her hands on the woman's shoulders, mainly trying to steady herself so her backpack doesn't drag her down. "But that's why I as a support student need to show off my inventions, I don't plan on attacking or getting hurt." Mei tried to reassure the woman.

"I know, I know. Mei you're smart, you know when to fight and when to flee, but you're also impulsive so please just think through what you're doing before you do it." [Y/N] spoke, in her peripheral vision she noted a familiar black limo pull up, Endeavour was such a show off. "Now off you go, I'll be in the stands just look for the big flame guy." [Y/N] joked pushing Mei gently to the student entrance. Mei hugged her aunt before running off, [Y/N] wondered how she could do that with that backpack on.

[Y/N] then turned and made her way over to the limo, knowing Endeavour and his son were inside. The woman stopped a little ways away from the limo itself and waited for the man to exit. The door opened, due to the chauffeur opening it, and out stepped the flame man himself before being followed by a shorter boy. He had dual hair, one side white and the other red, a scar covered his left eye.

Endeavour stood imposingly before noticing Hato stood nearby, he let a small bit of tension exit his muscles. This stage was where he first noticed [Y/N] and gave her an offer. The woman herself waved at the man who nodded back. Shoto looked at the woman his father had nodded at, recognising her as Hato: The Fallen Angel Hero, but why would his father know her or even acknowledge her.

"Endeavour how are you?" [Y/N]'s gentle voice called to the man as she stepped up to be in front of the man. Her eyes then turned to Shoto, who was in awe at the woman, "And you must be Shoto, good luck today." Her smile seemed to just brighten the day. Shoto's cheeks warmed slightly making Endeavour notice and raise an eyebrow.

"Thank you ma'am." Shoto spoke respectfully. [Y/N]'s eyebrows shot up, ma'am she wasn't that old was she? Endeavour allowed a chuckle to escape him at [Y/N]'s confused face, said woman turned to him and pouted at him with her hands on her hips.

"Don't you laugh at me," she wagged her finger at the man who allowed a small smile to take on his features. Shoto was stunned, this gentle woman just scolded his father who was smiling? In a genuine way?

"I'm sorry [Y/N] you just looked so confused," Endeavour apologised, now Shoto was positive that this [Y/N] was some sort of divine presence. He was stupefied, his father apologising and using her real name? Is Shoto dreaming?

[Y/N] stuck her tongue out at Endeavour before turning back to Shoto, "Do your best today but try not to get too hurt, your health is not more important than a fight against another student." [Y/N] spoke seriously with a sombre look in her eyes. Shoto nodded his head.

"Do you remember your fights?" Endeavour asked making [Y/N] seemingly shrink in on herself. Shoto shot Endeavour a glare.

"Of course I do, I had a broken arm and leg after my last one." [Y/N] said softly, Endeavour placed a warm hand on the girl's shoulders giving her a soft smile. Shoto was almost swept off his feet, what the fuck is happening?

"Yeah but you still won it all and that's what made me offer you an internship." Endeavour spoke patting her shoulder. [Y/N]'s smile turned wider and warmer; Endeavour then began to guide her towards the spectator's entrance. "How is your training going with Hawks?" Endeavour asked.

"It's something," [Y/N] spoke, then she twisted her body away from Endeavour to see Shoto still stood there. "You should go join your class, don't want you to be late and miss anything?" [Y/N]'s smile warmed his heart and made him think of spring days from his childhood. Shoto's cheeks warmed considerably Endeavour shot Shoto a look, unbeknownst to [Y/N].

"You'll do well Shoto." Endeavour spoke before guiding [Y/N] away from his son's view. Shoto could still see Endeavour's tall frame but [Y/N]'s smaller one was hidden by the crowd. Shoto sighed before heading to the student's entrance.

[Y/N] and Endeavour made their way to their seats, chatting happily between them. Endeavour wasn't happy about Hawks' lack of training but couldn't blame him for being busy. [Y/N]'s lively and warm nature made Endeavour's chest warm.

The TV report on the sports festival was being played in a small dingy bar, the reporter informing the audience of each of the heroes in attendance. Shigaraki stared intently at the screen, trying to catch a glimpse of his angel.

The screen switched to a close up of two heroes walking side by side, "And here we have Endeavour and Hato watching this year," the woman spoke with surprise lacing her voice. Shigaraki stared, anger sparking in his chest as he saw how Endeavour, the notoriously grumpy hero, had a small smile on his face as Hato, Shigaraki's angel, spoke. "I wonder why they're together." The woman hummed.

Her co-worker decided to butt in, "Hato is known for being trained under Endeavour since her UA days, so it's no surprise they are close." Shigaraki's hand twitched at the new information invading his thoughts. His angel was trained under Endeavour since she went to UA? So there are videos of her in sports festivals, Shigaraki decided to watch them later.

"Yes but why at UA? Reminiscing perhaps?" The woman news reporter spoke with a questioning tone.

"Endeavour's son is competing this year alongside Hato's niece." The co-worker from before spoke with a smugness in his tone.

Shigaraki also took that piece of information into his thoughts; she had a niece that went to UA. He wondered if her niece was part of the class he attacked a few weeks ago, just the thought of the failed attack made his healed bullet wounds ache.

"Tomura," His master's voice spoke commanding Shigaraki's attention. "Stay on task." His disembodied voice spoke. Shigaraki allowed a hum to leave his lips.

"Yes Master," was his instant reply, the words almost involuntarily being spoken. Shigaraki's eyes betrayed his words as he stared once more at His Angel.