Short Reunions

A game. A dare. It doesn't matter what you refer to it as. It is the same thing. Calling upon Bloody Mary. You all think it's a joke. But it's not. 

~~~Halloween Night~~~

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun. Lisa, are you afraid of a few ghosts?" Andrew asked. A group of four high school students were standing around the bathroom door. Inside, the light was disconnected and there was one lit candle by the mirror.

"I'm not scared, Andrew. I just...... Something feels wrong about the set up. Let's just put one more candle in there. Please?" I begged. 

My friend, Katarina, laughed. "Lisa, you are scared! Oh my gosh, I can't believe that you'd be worried about a little ghost. Ha!" I smacked her arm lightly.

"Katarina, I'm not afraid of anything. I just know that there should be more candles in there."

My boyfriend, Zander, pulled me towards the bathroom. "Lisa, come on. If anything happens, I'll be here for you. Don't worry."

I didn't want to follow him into the room, but I had little choice in the matter. As the door was shut behind me, I felt my breath hitch in my throat. I didn't know how I knew, but I knew that three candles would keep you safe from anything. Two candles, spirits can see into you and use your own thoughts against you. One candle, they can harm and potentially kill you. No candles..... You're a dead person walking. 

"Alexander, please get more candles," I pleaded. He only sighed and shook his head.

"Don't worry, Lisa. Come on, let's say it together," he said.

I nodded slightly and together we said, "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary,......" I trailed off as Zander finished saying the third 'Bloody Mary'. "There, nothing to it," he told me as he hugged me. I was staring at the mirror, watching the face that I saw in it.

I knew that face. I had seen it before. Mary's face. I fainted after seeing her. It wasn't the shock of seeing a ghost, but rather the fact that she looked glad to see me.

---Time Skip---

I woke up and looked around. Zander, Andrew, and Katarina were still all around me. "Are you alright, Lisa?" Katarina asked.

I sat up and walked to the bathroom. I stared into the mirror and smiled, remembering everything. I knew Mary. And I knew how to get her out of that blasted mirror for good once more. "I'm fine," I told the others. "I only thought that I saw something, but I was mistaken. There's no such things as ghosts." The others nodded and after they had left I said to myself, "The only thing that exists is a trapped friend, waiting for her bestie to free her from her imprisonment. And that's just what I'll do."