Released

(Mary's POV)

I paced inside the mirror, pondering what I should say to Lisa that would make her believe me when I informed her that I had gotten rid of the boys. I sighed and looked outside the mirror to where Lisa was pacing. I could feel her nerves. She wanted the boys gone forever. She trusted me to get rid of them.

Gathering my courage, I left the mirror. "Lisa," I said. She screamed and jumped. "They're gone," I told her simply.

"Where are their bodies?"

"Buried in another country. I figured that we could pack a bunch of their things and make it appear as though they ran away," I replied. I refused to look directly at Lisa and instead looked at the wall behind her.

"Good. I trust that you can pack their things and dispose of them somewhere. I need some time to think. That and Zander is coming over later."

"Zander?"

"My boyfriend. Although he won't be with me for much longer. I'm going to break up with him, but you don't need to worry about ever having to get rid of Zander. He won't be a threat to us."

I nodded. "I understand, Lady Lisa."

Lisa smiled and looked at me. "Mary, I think that now might be the time to set you free. You've done well in your tasks, and there is no one else that I require gone right now. I want you to be set free. A part of you might still be connected to the mirror, but you will live outside. Would you like that?"

I nodded.

---Later that night---

(Lisa's POV)

I set up the candles that surrounded the mirror. My book of spells laid open in front of me. Mary was waiting patiently inside the mirror. For the spell to work, she would have to force her way out of the mirror, though it will attempt to contain her.

I was not fully sure if she would survive the process, though if she did, she would be a normal girl once again. "Are you sure you want to be normal?" I asked.

Mary nodded. "I want to be free from this blasted mirror."

I nodded as I began reciting the ritual. "Demons that have bound this girl to a mirrored cage, burn off and die for holding her. Take the seal away from her soul and give her freedom. Make her once more be human. May she forever more not be bound by this imprisonment."

I could feel Mary getting nervous and prepared to be released. I ended the ritual by muttering, "Blood Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, no more."

Mary turned to look behind her, realizing the spell had worked. Thirty seconds. That's all it takes for the creatures behind the mirror to reach you and take your life. Mary forced her way through the mirror in fifteen seconds. I was quite proud of her.

Helping Mary stand, I smiled. Being no more use to me and being human, I would have the chance to kill her off later. No one would miss her, anyway. The only question was when do I kill her, and where?