1 || hatred

Emmalyn⋆。°

I open my eyes and see a woman motionless at the end of a long, dark pathway and she's staring directly into me. Even if i don't understand who she is, my first instinct is to run up to her because i sense a secure and loving feeling coming from her, and that's exactly what i do. I run towards the unknown woman and then i notice...

Mom?

Without wasting any time, i give my mother a quick hug, holding onto her hoping to feel her arms wrap around me and give me a strong hug, waiting to feel that safe feeling, but instead, it never comes.

She's fading away from me, her body broken into little pieces fading into the air. Im hugging nothing but a shadow, her shadow. My breathing begins to get heavier, my heart beating faster, my whole body trembling and tears begin to fill my eyes. Panic attack.

My alarm goes off and i sit upright trying to catch my breath and putting a hand on my chest to feel my heartbeat.

"In and out, slowly. You're fine."

I keep repeating that sentence to myself over and over again until i've finally calmed. What the fuck was that? I stand up trying to forget what just happened and put on a white top with some grey sweatpants, and on top my basic white jacket.

I brush my hair and add a little concealer to look decent. I tip toed out of my room, and saw him laying on the couch next to two empty bottles, i silently walk to the kitchen and grab the last few bread slices, eating them while i gather my bag and head out of my house.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

After walking about 20 minutes i finally arrive to the school, seeing Mel right outside the gate waiting for me. As i approached, she noticed me and ran towards me, hugging me.

"Oh my gosh, i have so much to tell you!" Mel yelled excitedly.

"Good mood today?" i smiled and asked.

"Guess who i've been talking to."

"Who?" i raised an eyebrow at her.

"You have to guess!" she said hiding her phone screen, waiting for me to say a name. Instead, i take her phone and see for myself the contact 'Elias' with a pink heart next to his name pinned on top.

Elias isn't a bad guy, even though he's pretty well-known around the school.

Unlike some others, he isn't known for being a "fuck boy." Despite that from what i know, most of his relationships didn't last for very long, there's a sense of loyalty in the way he handles them—at least, that's what I hope.

He surely has those minions girls who practically worship him and cling to his every word. But honestly, that doesn't worry me too much.

Then there's Melina. She's a stunning girl and quite well-known herself.

I'd describe her as a ray of sunshine in someone's darkness—she's just that kind of person.

Her presence lights up a room, and she seems to have this innate ability to make everyone feel a little better.

Both she and Elias come from wealthy backgrounds; it's not something they publicly announce, but it's evident in the way they show themselves. And honestly, that's perfectly fine.