23 || isabella

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

The credits of Tangled rolled up the screen, and i stretched my arms above my head, feeling the pleasant fatigue that came after watching a good movie. I glanced at Melina, who was busy popping another piece of candy into her mouth.

"Mother Gothel is such a great villain," I remarked. "She's so manipulative and cunning."

"Yeah, but she's so creepy. I don't get why people think she's attractive." Melina nodded and added.

I blinked, surprised. "What? Are you kidding? Mother Gothel is so hot! She's got that glamorous, dark, mysterious vibe." i smirked.

"Hot? Emmalyn, she's old and just uses magic to look young. That's not real beauty." Melina's face twisted in disbelief.

I shook my head emphatically. "So what if it's magic? When she looks young, she's really beautiful. You have to admit she has a certain charm."

"Charm? She's a liar and a kidnapper," Melina shot back, her tone rising. "Just because she looks young doesn't mean she's beautiful."

I crossed my arms, feeling a flush of frustration. "Looks aren't everything, sure, but they matter. And she does have that confident, powerful aura. That's attractive."

"Ugh, you're impossible!" Melina huffed, grabbing a pillow. "Why can't you just admit she's creepy?"

"Because she's not!" I retorted, also grabbing a pillow. "You just can't see it,"

Without another word, I swung my pillow at Melina, who dodged and retaliated with a swing of her own. Laughter bubbled up between us as the argument turned into a full-blown pillow fight, feathers flying from the torn seams.

I ducked as Melina's pillow whooshed past my head, then counterattacked with a playful whack to Melina's side. "Take that, Gothel hater,"

Melina giggled, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Ha! Gothel defender, you're going down,"

I laughed, feeling the exhilaration of the spontaneous battle. I dodged another swing and then jumped onto her couch for higher ground, swinging my pillow with both hands. Feathers burst into the air, floating down like snowflakes as we both landed soft blows.

"Gothel's charm is lost on you, Melina," I shouted, my laughter mingling with my words. I felt the thrill of the fight, the way it made me feel alive and closer to my best friend despite our silly disagreement.

"That's because there is no charm!" Melina shot back, her laughter echoing in the room. She leaped onto the bed, tackling me with her pillow, and we both tumbled onto the mattress in a heap of giggles and feathers.

We continued our playful fight, pillows swinging and laughter filling the room.

My heart raced with joy and excitement, each swing of the pillow making me feel more connected to Melina. The argument faded into the background, replaced by the sheer fun of the moment.

The room became a blur of feathers and laughter, the boundaries of our disagreement dissolving into the shared joy of the pillow fight. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had so much fun, and as I swung my pillow again, i knew that no matter our differences, Melina and I would always be best friends.