15 || flashbacks

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

It's been several hours since he woke up and i haven't been allowed in his room ever since. Sarah did however kindly inform me of Mateo's current condition every now and then. I waited, and waited, doing nothing but locking myself into my hospital room and staring at the black tv's screen.

Does he remember me?

The last update i've got according to Sarah is that he's awake and stable but still quite weak.

I couldn't ask any more questions, especially details about his memory. Plus i think i prefer to find out by myself.

I have no idea why or when i began feeling so strong about him in the first place.

Even when he wasn't in the hospital, i worried a lot. Whether it's when i'm not going to school or when he hangs out somewhere all by himself at nights, i worry if something has happened, or if he's alright, but thankfully nothing did happen until now.

I yawn and my brain began to slowly shut down from exhaustion. It is already 3:12am and i'm sure Sarah has gone home to get the rest she deserves. I wish i could stay up as long as it takes for him to wake up.

°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"You don't need to hide your feelings. I know you want me, baby." A familiar, deep male voice spoke above me and i felt as if i was being choked. Who's this?

I could feel his lips kissing my neck repeatedly, as i started begging, nearly yelling for him to stop.

"Please don't."

"Stop it, please." My thoughts flickered to the memories, and then everything halted.

I looked down to the ground and noticed the familiar green sneakers. I looked carefully up at the top of his figure, my lips quivering.

This time, when i looked up at him, i saw that he was completely covered in black clothing, with a mask hiding his face and he held the familiar gun in his hand.

He lifted it up and aimed it directly at me, then boom.

I woke up panting, sweating and tears all over my face. I struggled to breathe. Mateo.. Mateo.

I recalled how he had helped me control my breathing during my panic attack in that tiny room during the shooting.

He was after us. He's after me.

Noah.

I keep trying to convince myself that it might have just been a silly dream, but there was no other explanation. I tried so hard to forget how he touched and messed with me, but these horrible images couldn't leave my head.

They're impossible to ignore.

I got up and tried to distract myself by hopping in the shower, letting the cold, freezing water drip on me. I scrubbed my skin roughly with both water and body soap, while trying to focus on Mateo.

It's been two days since Mateo had opened his eyes and no one has been updating me on him because Sarah's been remaining at home and none of the other nurses neither doctors are aware of how much i care and want to know.