fifteen

Fifteen | J E S S E

Geography is the worst subject - I gave myself a friendly reminder I dragged my feet across the hallways towards the next period: Math. Oh god, why.

Trudging towards the classroom, I thought about our recent conversations with the boy I have fallen head over heels with.

Thinking about it, he still hadn't replied my embarrassing slur of words I had gave him just now. "Aish, stupid!" I muttered.

However, I accidentally knocked into the one and only - Sarah Andrews.

"Well if it isn't the one and only - Jesse Drews." She spat as she smirked at my direction. Everyone stopped to look over as I looked at her in confusion.

"May I help you?"

"Yeah, you look ugly today. I think you should go and fix that face of yours." The comment made a few girls snicker while passing by while I simply raised a brow.

"Oh really? I guess looking like you isn't to my liking either. Do you want to fix it together?"

"Why you-!"

"Oh look at the time; I got to go rush for Math. See you around." I gave the most genuine smile I could muster as her face turned red all over. Smiling smugly at how I handled her, I walked past her. However, she stopped me again.

"Well, I guess you can't blame a divorced family's child to carry that attitude." I stopped in my tracks, my eyes wide with fear. Turning around I stuttered, "w-what... what did you just say?"

"You're from a single parent family aren't you?" She knew the moment I had ducked my head down - this battle was hers to win. Smirking, she asked louder while students already stopping by to hear what she had to say.

"Come on Jesse, it doesn't hurt to let others know right? What are friends for?"

Tears were pricking at the end of my eyes as girls had started their whispers around us. My friends who had finally caught up with also caught up with where this conversation was heading. They came forward as I cowardly faced them.

"You mean... you lied to us? About your background? About your parents?"

"No I didn't mean it!-"

"Wow, such desperation for friends Jesse. Looks like we were hanging out with a loser all this while." That hit me as tears fell and I just kept my head down. More whispers seem to fill the atmosphere as I decided to run.

Pushing pass loud insults and comments, I just continued to run. My mom blames me, my friends detest me; where am I supposed to run to now?

I ended up at a park while my feet gave out and I was on my knees. I had nobody- not family, not friends, not even him.

He was nowhere near me at all.

I shouted into the seemingly emptiness while anger and shit loads of jumbled emotions filled my mind. However, a buzz filled my hand as if realized I still had him.

Even if he was not here, he was still with me.

Punching in numbers like there was no tomorrow, I pressed the dial button.

"Sorry, the number that you called is currently engaged." No, no, no. I need you badly, I need you now. Trying again, I got the same reply.

I broke down.

Despite that, a buzz soon replaced my empty phone with a screen filled with someone else. Someone I never thought I could hear from ever again. I picked up, as I just wanted someone to be by my side- even if it was for a fraction of a second.

"Jesse- Shit Jesse why are you crying?"

Sobbing to find the words I tried to find, my hoarse voice croaked in despair.

"Finn, you love me right? As a best friend- as a sister. You talk to me because you want to right? You will talk to me even if I mess up my family or am not rich, right? Please tell me you do. Please tell me you'd say yes. Even if it's a lie- please tell me."

=

a/n:
this doe. and BRUHS IS THIS STORY GOING OKAY I NEED YOUR COMMENT NOW BC IM FEELING REALLY INSECURE ABOUT THIS PLOT-LINE ALL OF A SUDDEN.