CHAPTER 4

RHYTHM

There's an earthquake! Oh my god! I need to find somewhere safe. It's a weird kind of earthquake. It's going 1-2-3 stop 1-2-3 stop. What the hell kind of earthquake has a sequence?

"Wake up!" now the earthquake is talking to me?!

"Wake up!"

"Wake up Rhythm! Its 9o'clock, you can't sleep till 12 pm, it's not your home," my mother is lecturing. Already.

I put pillow on my face and groan as it all comes rushing back to me.

She starts shaking me up again. I sit up straight on the bed.

"Okay, okay. I'm up! I'm up! Jesus mother have patience!"

She smacks me on the head," Go brush your teeth, breakfast is already on the table."

I flop down on the bed again and this time she smacks me with a pillow, finally surrendering to my mother instead of my sweet sleep I run to the bathroom.

As I enter the dining area the table is set with chai, toasts and three different kinds of meals. Oh, the perks of being the guest for once. I dive right in with my chai and toast.

After a while, Anya di comes out and says, "Come on now show me what you got."

I narrow my eyes at her, "Show you what?"

"Whatever you brought, the makeup, outfits shoes and everything."

"I already told you-" and she's already pulling me to the guest room.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just show me," she says, adamantly.

"You aren't going to let it go, are you?"

"Nope," she says, shaking her head.

I sigh and open my suitcase.

"What?" I ask with a frown as I lay down everything I have.

"This is it?" she asks.

"Yeah..."

"What about makeup and heals and hair accessories and you aren't wearing that jeans. I might have something to go with that velvet black top."

"Hold on a second miss..."

And she isn't even listening to me anymore, "let me check my closet," she says.

"I'm saying this for the thousandth time Anya. I am not in the mood!" I exclaim.

"Oh, shut up drama queen."

"Here it is! Ta da!!"

She's holding a black a line velvet skirt from a lehenga set. Not going to lie its very pretty.

"These will go together so well. No one can tell that they aren't a set," she chirps.

True. It looks gorgeous together. And now I wanna wear it. You can blame me, I'm just a girl and in my defense, I've always been a sucker for all black outfits long before it was a trend.

She dives right back in again and pulls out a kit and am already shaking my head, "No, no, no you aren't doing my makeup or hair. I'm doing that on my own and I'm not wearing heels, I'm wearing my boots." I declare, ready to fight on this.

She looks at me and shrugs," Okay but this is a portable auto refractor."

"What is that?" I ask with a frown.

"To check your eye power and get you some contacts. You are not wearing those glasses with Indian wear."

I put my hands on my hips, "Let me tell you missy, I can rock these glasses with any outfit."

She laughs and says, "I'm sure you can but today is not that day and I'm not backing up on this one."

Seeing as there's no point arguing with her, I huff out a "Fine."