Chapter 1

Home

Words....... words...... and more words.

The old professor monotonously read out the lines on the classic novel opened wearily in front of him. Except for a few students, it was obvious that no one was actually paying attention to him.........and Karina was one of them.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire....." The professor emphasized on each word but it was no use as Karina's brain wasn't registering any of them.

The junior college student majoring in architecture yawned softly as she covered her mouth with her palm. This whole thing was draining the life out of her.

She didn't get why an architecture major needed to take a literature class.

"Fucking university" She muttered bitterly under her breath while grabbing a fistful of her hair as she twirled her pen in between her slender fingers.

The voice of the professor echoed through the lecture hall as he continued to read the lines.

Was it from 'Hamlet'? Karina didn't know(She didn't exactly care either).

All she wanted right now was to go back home and get under the warm comfy blankets of her bed.

".....But never doubt i love"

The last word the professor said perked Karina's interest.

"Love huh?" She mumbled to herself as a soft smile made its way into her face, a certain girl entering her thoughts.

Karina couldn't wait to see her.

Luckily for her, this was the last class but unfortunately, time seemed to be dragging on forever.

Karina held in her breath as she desperately stared at the minute hand of the clock, wishing for the bell to ring already.

Her prayers were answered.

The moment the bell rang, the girl let out an exasperated sigh as she stretched on her chair.

Finally, the day was over. She could finally go home.

Tying her hair into a tiny ponytail at the back and tucking away the strands of hair falling in front her face behind her ears, Karina stood up and perched her white bag over her shoulders.

Then she made her way back to her apartment, where she knew someone was already waiting for her.

**************************************

"Winter, I'm home" Karina called out for the girl as she entered the apartment.

Hearing the call, a short-haired girl popped out from the kitchen with a dorky smile on her face. One that showed her dimples and made her eyes crinkle in the cutest way possible.

Karina could never get tired of seeing that smile.

"Oh You're back" The girl smiled wider as Karina slowly approached her and wrapped her arms around her neck.

Pressing a chaste kiss onto Winter's soft lips Karina hugged the girl tight, resting her head on her shoulder.

"Exhausted?" Winter cooed as she gently caressed her girlfriend's hair, receiving a lazy nod in return "Go wash up... I'm making you some dinner".

"Hmm...." Karina whined, pulling Winter even closer to her, nuzzling into the crook of her neck "Don't want to"

Winter couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's clingy actions. To her, a tired Karina was adorable. She was extra clingy.

"Unnie You probably should" Winter spoke as she twirled the shorter girl's hair with her fingers "No washing up means no cuddles for tonight"

As soon as those words reached Karina, she quickly distanced herself from Winter and stared into the girl's eyes.

"Shut up, you wouldn't" Karina scoffed in disbelief "You love cuddling with me"

"Hell yeah I would" Winter backed up her claims with a fact "I have the nose of a dog"

"More like a puppy"

"Unnie!" Winter rolled her eyes, but not letting go of the girl's waist.

She leaned down and pressed a soft peck on Karina's nose, making the 'older' girl scrunch up her face.

"Go wash up okay? I'm about to finish making dinner"

This time Karina listened to her girlfriend and reluctantly retracted her arms before making her way to the bathroom.

However a few seconds later, Karina appeared from the room and came back to Winter again.

"Forgot this" Karina tip-toed and kissed Winter who was about to nag her.

Slowly moving her lips against the girl's, Karina cupped Winter's cheek with one hand while another rested on the girl's nape.

Although surprised, Winter responded with the same intensity, softly clenching on Karina's shirt.

Today just like any other days, Karina tasted like mint, a taste Winter had already grown accustomed to due to the former using mint lip balm.

Karina mischievously tugged on Winter's lower lip with her teeth, earning a whine and a breathy moan Karina found cute.

They pulled away after a while, mostly because of Karina's need for oxygen, pressing their foreheads together.

Karina pecked Winter's lips one last time before heading towards the bathroom.

They were both so in love.

***********************************

Placing the plate of kimchi fried rice in front of Karina on the dining table, Winter took off her apron and opened the fridge, taking out a packet with the label "Tomato Juice".

Sitting opposite her girlfriend, Winter smiled softly as she saw Karina munch down the food she made.

The sight warmed her heart.

Feeling the weight of the stare on her, Karina looked up and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Why're you staring?" Karina asked with her mouth full of food.

"Because you look pretty"

Karina scoffed at her answer before taking another bite.

"I have to question your taste in women if you find someone stuffing her mouth with food as if she hadn't eaten for days pretty, Kim Winter-ssi"

"Well she's still the most beautiful person in my eyes, no matter what she's doing"

Karina almost choked at the girl's reply. Not only was it cheesy, it sounded equally sincere. So sincere that it made Karina's stomach flip 180 degrees and made her blood rush to her ears.

Laughing out loud at her reaction, Winter handed Karina a cup of water which the latter downed in one shot.

"Cute little thing" Winter cooed, jokingly earning a glare from the other girl.

Leaning on the table, Winter popped a straw into the packet and sucked the red liquid, savoring its taste on her tongue.

As expected, it tasted good today as well.

However, as usual, it wasn't fresh.

"What type is it today?" Karina asked as she emptied her plate.

"B. My favorite." Winter replied, sipping the liquid.

Her words made Karina bring a hand to her own neck.

Karina blushed as she remembered that her blood type was B and the numerous times in the past where Winter would so carefully bite on her neck, her fangs penetrating the skin as she sucked her blood.

Yes, Winter is a vampire. A vampire that feeds on blood.

However, to Karina, it didn't matter. At the end of the day, Winter would still be Winter. The only one occupying Karina's heart.

She will always be her home, no matter what.