Chapter 10

An Eternity With You

A few days had passed by and Karina had already recovered from her cold. Everything was normal in the morning as Karina prepared to go to university while Winter made breakfast for her.

"Today's your last day before the holidays right?" Winter asked as she felt Karina's presence coming into the kitchen.

"Yup yup" Karina replied as she made her way over to Winter and softly pecked her cheek before sitting down on a chair.

Winter chuckled at the action, placing the fried rice onto a plate and putting it on the table.

"Eat a lot~ My Karina unnie needs to be strong and healthy~" Winter cooed as she ruffled Karina's hair with a huge grin, earning a faux glare from the latter.

Looking at Karina who was digging in heartily, a genuine smile made its way onto Winter's face.

"I love you"

"What was that?" Karina giggled at the random remark "That came out of nowhere"

"Just..... wanted to tell you" Winter replied in the same tone.

"Weirdo" Karina teased with a glint of excitement "I love you too"

****************************************************

Finally, the holidays had arrived. Karina stirred in her sleep as she snuggled into the body next to her. Rays of sunlight fell on the white sheets as chirps of birds could be heard from a distance.

Opening her eyes slightly, Karina came face to face with a sight she would never get sick of seeing.

"Good morning unnie" Winter greeted with a smile, one that made her dimples pop and her eyes crinkle.

"Hmm morning" Karina replied sleepily before hugging the girl tighter "What shall we do today? My holidays just begun"

However, no answer came.

"Winter?" Karina looked up to Winter.

"Oh unnie about that...." Winter trailed as she averted her gaze away from Karina "I don't think I'll be free today.... Something came up"

The university student squinted her eyes at this.

The two had been in a relationship for over two years now and all these times they spent together made them able to know each other's thoughts with just a glance.

And now, Karina could tell that Winter was hiding something from her.

Was she getting tired of her? Was she falling out of love? Was she going to forget about her?

Setting the insecurities she felt aside, Karina just hummed without any words.

******************************************************

A few hours later, Karina was lying down on the couch when she heard Winter came out.

The latter had a beige coat on with a pair of black skinny jeans as she slung her purse across her body.

"Where're you going?" Karina asked, trying her best to sound nonchalant although she was a nervous wreck inside.

"Oh I umm I suddenly got called for a meeting for an upcoming photoshoot"

"Hmm Okay"

With that, Winter quickly left the apartment, leaving Karina deep in thought.

******************************************************

Staring emotionlessly into the TV, Karina couldn't help but feel a heavy weight in her chest. It felt suffocating.

"Ahhh" She groaned as she buried her face into a pillow before speaking to herself "Is she actually getting tired of me?"