2 || drunk in love

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

I lay on my bed, feeling broken and covered in wounds for what seemed like hours. My hair was a mess, and my body burned with the pain of new bruises on my stomach from his harsh kicks.

My wrist was also in pain, so i wrapped a bandage around it to stop the bleeding. My white jacket, now stained with my blood, lay discarded across the room. I barricaded the door with my broken desk, terrified he might come back and make my life a living hell again.

I opened my bedroom window to let some fresh air in, then lay back down, closing my eyes and finally letting my body rest.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, a loud ringtone startled me.

Groaning, I picked up the phone and saw Melina's contact on the screen. When I answered, her voice came through with a slight smirk, "You're coming tonight, right?"

I stared at the wall in disbelief but couldn't blame her. She didn't know what happened and never would. She's too sweet, too innocent, and knowing would break her. "No, I don't think so," I sighed, and she groaned in annoyance.

"What should we wear tonight? Casual? It should be casual, right?" she continued, while I glanced at the bandages on my wrist.

"I can't come," I said, unable to explain further. The lie was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't lie to her—I never could.

"C'mon Bambi, I can't handle two grown men alone," she said playfully. I shook my head, even though she couldn't see me.

Bambi. It was a nickname she gave me years ago because i reminded her of Bambi the deer. I smiled at the memory as she continued to tease me, "If you stay on your bed forever, you might get ass wrinkles! Watch out for those," she joked, with a hint of seriousness.

"What will I gain if I come?" I teased back.

"Head," she smirked.

I laughed, and she continued, "Oh no, not from me. Don't get your hopes up. Mr. Mateo is out there," she giggled. I frowned, disgusted.

"Don't even think about it," I warned, but she ignored me. "Fine, come pick me up,"

I sighed in defeat, adding, "But i'm definitely not coming for the, uh, what's his name? Marcus? Max? That guy. " I grinned, and we hung up.

Of course, I knew his name. How could I not?

I reluctantly got up from my bed and rummaged through my closet, pulling out a long-sleeved black t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I chose a casual black jacket to go over it, hoping the layers would help conceal the bruises.

I stood in front of the mirror and carefully applied makeup to hide the tiny cut on my face. The concealer did a decent job, and i took a deep breath, trying to steady myself.

The sound of a car pulling up outside caught my attention. I peeked through the window and saw Melina, Elias, and Mateo arriving. Not wanting to face the questions that would surely come if i walked through the front door, i decided to sneak out through my bedroom window. Climbing down the window, i landed softly on the grass and made my way to the car.

Where were we going? No idea.

Am i getting another beating if he finds out? Definitely.