Kabanata 3

JOURNAL ENTRY NO.5

June 19, 2023.

I was a ball of nerves, nanginginig, kinakabahan kasi ito nanaman ako, hoping something comes out of nothing.

I'll meet up with someone again, baka mangyari ulit yung dati.

Thank God, it didn't.

It turned out so well.

We met at the exit of Highland Station, he was sat behind a parked motor and his head down, face covered by his black mask, only the mouth and nose though. Before I saw him, I was really running cause I made him wait for more than an hour, ugh, talk about bad first impression. 

Hindi ko kasi inasahan na matindi pala yung haharapin kong rush hour, it crossed my mind that even though wala na pasok mga schools ngayon, may daily workers pa rin kaya nung umalis ako ng 9AM, I was stuck behind traffic!

I even went past him because I was running pero when I looked around and noticed he was the only person there that looked much like Chandler, I stopped and went back a few steps. At this time, hindi niya pa rin napapansin na nandito na ako dahil babad siya sa pagtitipa sa phone niya, and I could feel the vibration of my phone, he's probably texing me, wondering if I bailed on him or if I'll be more late than the agreed time.

I literally stopped and peaked at him, lowering my head, I forgot if I said hi or if he just raised his head and saw me. Whatever though, it wouldn't change what I felt at that moment. My heart raced, double than when I was running and like what I've read in the books, watched in the movies, everything disappeared around me.

Just him.

Ang corny, as I'm writing this, kinikilig na cringe worthy na corny talaga kasi what I did not expect to happen to me, did happen.

Then he called me over to sit and show me his shoes that was about to break. I laughed, and he offered me his water bottle, I didn't take it yet because I wanted to calm down. It didn't help that when he drank, my eyes went down to his adams apple that bobbed up and down while chugging the water down.

It looked like uhaw na uhaw ako sakanya, although real, eme. I was glad that he started the conversation light dahil hindi ko alam kung ano sasabihin ko.

However his eyes glinted something different in them when he saw me, like he had seen me before, same, siya na kasi panaginip ko always.

We went to Highland Park, which was the station names after, it was the first time I went in there, but before we went in, he signed the log book and left the water bottle by the guard. We weren't far from the entrance when he offered his hand, and I was a puddled mess because my heart flattered.

He went and did the first move.

We didn't hold hands too long though because, well, I don't know why. Thankfully, there was no sun, so we went to the deck at the back of the park and that's when I pulled my phone out and asked him to take a picture with me.

Bago pa ako magtanong, kinakabahan na talaga ako dahil ang mga nasa paligid namin puro talaga magkakaibigan, iilan lang ang couples, I'd summarize about ten while large groups of families or friends were here.

At first, he didn't remove his mask, not until I asked him to, and I know physical attraction is only a bonus, but damn, he got me hooked because he looked the same in the pictures. Before agreeing with the date, I had doubts in my head that he might not be the same in the pictures, pero in my mind I really did not care, all I cared is that we instantly clicked and I felt like kilala ko na siya kahit kakakilala lang namin.

He was too good looking!

We took more pictures, then walked to the restroom. As he was getting out, his shoe gave up and we both laughed, thankfully again, his father came to his rescue.