Chapter 15: Just a Dream

I am still healing and that's okay

"Girl, I can't believe you're moving in with him." Roxy says. 

We were sitting in a cafe. Two days before we go back to Cali. I told my two best friends that Michael asked me to move in with him back in Neverland and I said yes. 

"That's a big step. I know you've been living in his hotel room. But, this is different." Rico says. 

"Are you sure about this?" Roxy says. "I mean moving in with him. It's obvious you both like each other a lot." 

I breathe out. I am sure. At least I think I am. I've been thinking about it for a while now. I know he makes me feel safe. He makes me feel happy. I am secure with him. He can keep Spencer away for good. 

"Did you tell Auntie yet?" Rico asks. "Was she expecting you home after the tour?" 

"She wanted me to stay here with you two and keep dancing. Be happy. Michael wasn't a part of the plan originally. But..." 

"Keep came at the perfect time." 

"Didn't know you needed him til he was there for you." Rico adds. 

I bite my lip. He does things to my heart. I know I like him. 

"As along as you're happy. I'm here for it."

"Me too." Rico adds. 

"I am." I breathe out. 

He will keep Spencer away from me. Save me from the devil. I want to break free from him. Live my life again. Michael allows me all of that. He will keep me safe. 

"Still need to tell Auntie."

"And your brother." Roxy says quickly. 

I roll my eyes. I know. Damn it. That man is so busy. I haven't even told him what Spencer did to me. He would've killed him. I sigh heavily. 

"You should call her today." 

"I know." I say to Rico. "I know this wasn't what she was talking about when she said to be happy again and follow my dreams. I don't think dating Michael was what she meant."

"I'm sure she will be happy." Roxy says. 

"I'm still healing. Liking someone wasn't part of the plan."

"And that's okay." Rico says. 

"We don't have control over who we fall for. That makes it beautiful when it happens when we aren't even looking."

"What's meant for us will find us at the right time." Rico adds. 

I fall back into my seat and grab my coffee that was in a styrofoam cup. It wasn't hot anymore. It was a black coffee with Vanilla, Mocha, and Raspberry. I take a sip feeling my two best friends' eyes on me. I know they are worried about me. They care so much about me. It's safe with him. Isn't that what matters?