Chapter 2: Welcome To Cali

Trust the magic of new beginnings

"Hey, mama." I greet as I enter the dining room. 

I just came back from the store. She was sitting at the table looking over bills. 

"Hey, baby." She says with a smile as she looks up at me. "I got a surprise for you." She says with a growing smile. 

"Me?" I ask as I sit across from her and she nods her head. "What's up."

She hands me an envelope. I open it to find some cash and a plane ticket to Cali. 

"What's this Mama?" I ask confused. "Are we moving?"

"No." She says shaking her head. "You deserve to be happy."

"I am happy here with you mama." 

"No baby you need a new beginning. I know you miss dancing."

"Dancing is the reason why I got in that situation."

"No, it wasn't. That wasn't your fault. Dancing made you so happy. I know you've been dancing again."

My eyes grow wide. I look down at the plane ticket. But, why do I need to go to Cali?

"Why Cali mama?"

"They are holding auditions for a world tour."

"Whose world tour?" I ask curiously. 

"The Michael Jackson." She says cheesing big. 

My eyes grow wide. I've always been a fan. Mama knows that all too well. I played his music to help me heal.

"It's for his new album BAD." 

Though Off The Wall is my all-time favorite. I did fall in love with BAD. Liberian Girl is my favorite off his album. My heart raced. Am I even ready to get back out there? I haven't danced in five years. 

"What if I'm not good enough?" I say honestly. 

"Baby, you are an amazing dancer. You're always been a natural. I knew you were a dancer before you even started crawling."

I can't help but giggle. She loves to say that.

"I also spoke to Roxy." 

I look up at her. I haven't spoken to her in so long.

"Her and Ricole will pick you up from the airport. If you want to go."

Rico too. I miss both of them. This is the longest we've ever been apart. I miss the old me. I miss dancing. I miss how happy it made me. 

"Just think about it tonight. Your flight is in two days."

"Okay." 

__________________________________