Chapter 13: Buttercup

Good things take time. 

"Wake up, beautiful

"Wake up, beautiful." I hear Michael says as he softly shakes me. 

My eyes slowly flutter open. To see Michael sitting on the side of the bed smiling down at me. Why is he so happy? I groan and try to roll over. I just wanna go back to sleep. 

"You can't sleep the day away. I got plans for us. Remember our first date."

"Okay." I whine. 

I slowly sit up as I rub my eyes. 

"What time is it?" I ask with a yawn. 

"Almost 2 pm." He says with a chuckle. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to oversleep." I say as I sit at the edge of the bed. 

"It's okay, beautiful. I overslept too. It was the best sleep I've had in a long time. Thank you."

He leans down and I cover my mouth quickly. 

"What's wrong?" He asks with wide eyes. 

"I just woke up. My breath probably stinks."

He giggles at me. He leans down and kisses my forehead. My eyes grow wide. 

"Get ready. I do hope you enjoy our first date. Because I want many more dates with you."

"Okay." I say lowly.

He stands up straight as he stuffs his hands in his pants pockets. 

"I'll be in the living room waiting for you."

"How should I dress?" I ask looking at him. 

"Dress like you. You're perfect just the way you are. But, I want you to be comfortable."

He walks out of his bedroom. Leaving me alone in my thoughts. Why does he have such a strong effect on me? I make the bed before walking over to my bag and finding an outfit for the day. It's spring so I still need to dress warmly. Though we're in the middle of November. Hm. Dress like me. Michael is right. It's time to be happy again. I deserve to be after all the pain Spencer has caused me. I head to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. 

________