Chapter 6

A/N: I didn't know y'all would love Rosestar so much! I thought you'd hate her after she trusted Owlglide! Why do you y'all love her so much?

Also, this chapter is going to be a bit strange. It'll have multiple POVs in one!

Get ready for a battle scene!

Slimefoot's POV

My eyes traced the stars, trying to outline some creature. I made imaginary lines between stars.

I lovingly traced a picture of my Petalpaw. It ended with Silverpelt. 

"Are you up there, Petalpaw?" I wondered aloud. "Are you safe and happy? Are you at peace?" 

I heard rustling behind me.

"I'm sure she's fine, Mother."

I turned my head and saw Smalleye padding towards me. My heart broke as I remembered he was blind.

"Yes, you're right," I sighed. "Safer than us, currently, with this war looming."

"Yes, especially after NightClan stole from LizardClan," he replied with a sigh. "And the fighting wandered into CloudClan's territory..."

"And after LizardClan accused us of stealing prey," I added. "Nothing's been the same after the gathering."

"How is Shortface?" Smalleye asked. "Hopefully the greencough isn't so bad now?"

"In this season of No-Leaves, any sickness will be bad," I said sadly. "No wonder everyone is heads over paws for the prey."

Smallpaw opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by a loud yowl.

Before we could even react, cats flooded our vision.

Waves and waves of pelts knocked us down, causing us to yell in surprise and fear. The stampede wouldn't stop.

"For LizardClan!"

Owlstar's POV

"For LizardClan!"

The roars of my clan drowned my cry. They were all so ready to fight under my command.

They didn't know they were fighting for a lie.

Almost immediately I was knocked over by a heavy figure. I felt claws rake along my belly and I growled and rolled over.

I heard my attacker yowl as he was crushed under my body. I shook the blood off my eyes and saw the body of Bramblestar below me.

"We never stole anything from you!" he snarled, hitting my muzzle with an unsheathed claw. 

I growled and tossed him aside.

I didn't need to be reminded of that.

I turned and looked to see if any clanmate needed help. I wasn't going to let anyone die or be seriously hurt.

Attack that cat over there... the tom whispered in my ear.

I turned and saw a small tom waving through the crowd of fighters, his eyes wide. He had light brown fur with darker markings. He had soft yellow eyes.

"Who's he?" I whispered. 

Does it matter? I said attack him!

I shivered at his tone and quickly ran to the cat he was talking about. 

I knocked him over, biting his back. He yowled in pain and looked wildly around. 

What was wrong? Couldn't he face me?

Smallpaw's POV

I waved my paws wildly around, trying to unmount my attacker. 

I cried out in fear and pain as I felt unsheathed claws rake across my leg. I felt blood pouring out of the bite.

"Stop! Please!" I cried out, trying to identify where my attacker was located. It was a hopeless case. The scent was useless.

The cat on top of me seemed to hesitate for a moment.

Suddenly the weight was lifted off me with a heavy grunt. I gasped, trying to get my breath.

I quickly limped away to the medicine den, hoping for some shelter. I was starting to feel dizzy as I lay on some moss. 

The awful scent Badgerleg had left in the den didn't help.

"Smalleye?"

I pricked my ears at the sound of Shortface's voice. It was weak and strained.

I felt a pang of sadness as I heard it. Shortface was still young, yet she could very much die in that terrible season of No-Leaves.

"You're bleeding all over, Smalleye," she whispered. "You need help."

I heard her start to get up.

"No!" I hissed. "You're too weak..."

The scent of mousebile filled the den as I heard a little splash.

"StarClan," she said in exasperation. "You would think I'd be a little smarter, Shortface. I'm sick, not clumsy."

I could hear some cat enter the den.

I could hear it approach me.

Shortface gasped.

Shortface's POV

He entered the den, his eyes glinting in an eerie way. His claws were unsheathed. 

I had a horrible feeling about it all. I limped in front of Smalleye for some reason. I felt like he needed to be protected.

He shook his head and chuckled softly. He moved his paw, signaling for me to move aside. 

I shook my head, starting to bare my teeth. A low growl escaped my throat.

He snickered, his eyes growing darker.

He mouthed words that sent chills down my spine.

If you don't move, you'll pay.

I shook my head again. I had to protect Smallpaw, no matter how weak I was.

He leaped onto me.

I yowled in pain as he grabbed my back and crushed me under his weight. I landed awkwardly on my left hind leg with a crack.

"I said you'd pay."

He rolled me over and plunged his teeth into my throat.

...........................

I can't with myself.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

"𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮—𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓪 𝔀𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝓾𝓹 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓮, 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓭."―𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓮 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓮, 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓕𝓪𝓻𝓶