Maya

While I'm eating my omelets, I start to feel really tired. The day must be catching up to me. I try to stay awake to finish my food, but I don't make it. I can hear Lucas calling my name, but I'm too tired to answer. Soon, I feel arms around me, and the gentle rocking motion as the arms carry me. It smells like Lucas. His musky, woodsy scent. I breathe in deeply, memorizing his scent. His scent is one of safety and comfort. I feel him lay me down and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm asleep.

*Maya's Dream*

I'm in a white box or room. There's nothing else here, it's just white. "Hello?" I ask. 'Hello? Hello? Hello?'  It echoes. "Is anyone here?" 'Anyone here? Anyone here? Anyone here?' No reply. Something taps my shoulder, making me turn around. Before me stands a girl. She's tall, and has curly brown hair and lovely brown eyes. She has a sweet smile. I don't know her...yet somehow she seems extremely familiar. "Who...who are you?" I ask. "Maya, don't you remember me?" She asks, looking a little hurt. "Um...should I?" "Yes." "Can't you just tell me who you are?" She thinks for a moment. "I can't tell you who I am, if you don't even know who you are. Remember..." She fades away, her words echoing in the white place. Remember. 

I'm whisked away to a loud gym, and I'm dancing with Lucas. It's a masquerade, and I know who he is, but he doesn't know me. We play twenty questions, and kiss. Sparks fly. I get a call from Topanga. She wants me to call her when I get to her house. I run, leaving Lucas behind. Two streets away, I get abused by a drunk man, and...... it was Lucas. Lucas is the one who saved me. That girl from the white room is Riley Matthews, my best friend. She went to Disney Land for a week. Lucas said he loves me. I said I loved him back. At school, Farkle telling me he likes someone. He's always looking at Riley. Riley's always looking at him. Corey Matthews, who teaches us. His wife , Topanga, who is like a second mom to me. Auggie, the little brother I never had. My mom, always working or going out with Shawn. My dad who left me. My passion for art. My secret love of playing guitar and piano. My tough side, so no one can break through my shell. Lucas, the one who broke through my shell today. Lucas, the one who stole my heart. Lucas. Lucas. It was always him. The one who I belong with. Lucas.

*Maya's Dream Ends*

I shoot out of bed, tears starting to pour down my face. I bury my head in my hands and let them fall.