Lucas

When we get to the studio, I see the excitement in Maya's eyes. She walks into the sound room and puts on the headphones and picks up the guitar. The melody is slow, and sweet. Her voice sounds even better.

"The day we met. Frozen I held my breath. Right from the start, I knew that I found a home for my heart. Beats fast. Colors and promises. How to be brave. How can I love when I'm afraid to fall. But watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes awaysomehow. One step closer. I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. " she takes off the headphones.

 When I was listening to the song, Its like time stands still. There's beauty in all she is. Wait. "Thats all I have." She says. "Would you be interested in doing a duet with me? I have a few more lyrics in my head." I say. She smiles. "I'd love that." I walk over to the piano and play some chords that would work for the song. "Beautiful." She exclaims. "Could you do piano while I do guitar and we could record together?" She asks. "Of course.Anything for you." I say. She laughs. I get everything set up, then we start. I play piano while she does guitar. She starts again. 

"The day we met. Frozen I held my breath. Right from the start. I knew that I'd found a home for my heart beats fast. Colors and promises. How to be brave. How can I love when I'm afraid to fall. But watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer. I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." It fades to instrumental,then I start to sing, the lyrics forming in my head as I look at her. 

"Time stands still. Beauty in all she is. I will be brave. I will not let anything take away. What's standing in front of me. Every breath. Every hour has come to this." She joins me on the chorus. "One step closer. I have died every day waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." It goes instrumental and we hum along with the music.

"I'll love you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more." Then we hum again. 

"One step closer." We both sing. Then it'd just her. "I have died every day waiting for you." Then it's me. "Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years." We both come in again. "I'll love you for a thousand more. All along I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you for a thousand more..." We fade out. I look into her eyes, and they're full of love and wonder. 

"That was beautiful." She says. "You have a really good voice. And you're an amazing song writer. " she says. "I could say the same thing about you. You came up with the melody and the main chorus. I just helped." I say. Then we kiss. "I love you, you know. I'll love you for a thousand years." I say breaking the kiss. "I'll love you for a thousand more." She says. We walk out of the sound room, holding hands. As we sit together, hand in hand, her head on my chest, I play back our song. We sound really good together.

 During the instrumental, I look at Maya. "If we have a future together, and someday we decide to tie the knot and get married, I'd like this to be our first song together as a married couple." I say. She chuckles. "Lucas how can you think about getting married this soon? We're only in the eighth grade. There's still high school and dating, college. There's more than one story of having a high school sweet heart, then never seeing them again." She says sadly. "Yes, but there's always hope. Look at Corey and Topanga. They're high school sweet hearts, and now they are married with two kids." I say. "Maybe you're right. But for now, you're all I need." Maya says. We stay in the room, talking and kissing until the sunsets. She is my forever. She is all I need.