CHAPTER 7

Friday 6pm

Rina's P.O.V.

The sky was misty, scattered clouds blocking the sunlight like it was another sign of something uncertain on the horizon. I was glancing down at the views of the streets of Manhattan below while sat writing in the corner. Though it was about nothing in particular, I found comfort in short stories that saw the word in metaphors and imagery the way I did.

"Hey, I was gonna go to the store. Do you want anything?" Winter asked, putting her purse in her bag that was resting on the vanity table.

All I wanted was her. I didn't reply, I didn't know what to say to her after the other day at the restaurant so instead I remained silent and watched her checking her reflection quickly in the nearby mirror.

 I didn't reply, I didn't know what to say to her after the other day at the restaurant so instead I remained silent and watched her checking her reflection quickly in the nearby mirror

"I thought maybe some snacks and a movie marathon for our last night here might be fun." She continued to say with that same beautifully cheerful smile that I couldn't stop thinking about.

I shrugged my shoulders. She sighed, taking a seat on my bed beside me. "Rina, why are you ignoring me?"

In fact I'd been ignoring everyone the last 2 days. I tried to think of the words to say but nothing came out and she seemed to mistake it for me not wanting her around. It was far from that. She gave a sad smile before attempting to move away again. "Okay well... I hope you feel better."

"Don't go." I whispered quietly, the first words that came to mind.

"I'll be back soon." Soon already felt too long though.

From the side table, I reached for a small bag and passed it to her. "I got you a gift to say sorry for yelling at dinner the other night."

"For me? You didn't have to do that." She replied in gratitude, peering curiously in the bag as she began to unwrap the layers of tissue paper that had a navy, velvet box covered within.

I just wanted to make her feel happy, the way she made me feel every second of every day in her company. "It's a charm bracelet. I started it with a charm of the empire state building to commemorate the trip here and a guitar you know... to inspire your music and all the places we'll go together."

I placed the bracelet around her wrist delicately, watching as each charm sparkled in turn when caught between rays of natural light. As she stared at the bracelet in wonder, I stared at her in awe. "This is so beautiful."

"Like you." I shyly replied, making her bush.

"Rina... this must have cost a fortune. It's too generous. Wait, did you say the places we'd go together?" I searched her eyes that were staring back at me for I'd have gone with her anywhere.

"I want you to have it. If you don't like it though we can exchange it for something else-" I started to say suddenly panicked that maybe the bracelet wasn't to her taste.