I'm An Outcast

Carlos P.O.V

I woke up on my sleeping bag on the floor of the Hermes cabin like I usually did. I managed to stumble to my feet as the sun peeked in and hit me straight in the eyes. I grumbled disorientedly as I did my usual routine of swishing toothpaste and water around in my mouth before spitting it out. I grabbed a Camp T-shirt and I was off.

I was coming up on the 1 week mark of being at Camp. Despite what Cerberus said, It really wasn't all that bad. The kids were nice, most kids at least, Cabin 5 is throwing me off. This place felt like a normal summer camp, Minus the mythical aspects of it. I'd made only a few friends, Annabeth, Who constantly stayed by my side watching me or as she put it 'Silently Observing' whatever it was. It gave me the creeps but nevertheless it led to us becoming friends. I'd also grown pretty close with Cabin 10 who constantly tried to use an assortment of beauty products on my quote-unquote "Perfect Skin".

Then, There was Percy Jackson, There was something about him I didn't get. He'd apparently defeated the Minotaur when he first came to camp. Which I deducted couldn't be true considering the dude was bad at everything except canoeing. In my books, I don't see the Minotaur getting defeated by a scrawny kid and his sick canoe skills. I don't mean to be rude because Percy was a nice guy and wasn't all that bad.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I bumped into somebody on the green. It was Percy. "Sorry." He mumbled as I shook my head "You're alright, Where you headed?" I asked "Nowhere really, I have nothing to do." He said. "That's great! Come hang out with me." I said as he looked at me confusedly. I always found his facial expressions and reactions annoying , They made my head hurt. "You do realize you don't have to look like a lost puppy the entire time you're here." I told him as he looked at me weirdly "I'm sorry?" He asked as I scoffed.

"Yeah, You are sorry. Lying and telling everyone you beat the Minotaur when you first got here. Posers like you make me want to throw up." I stated, miming my finger being stuck down my throat. Percy's expression then got defensive "I did. I got the horn to prove it." He said and I shrugged "You think that means anything? Best you could've done was let him fall onto your sword. You're nothing special." I said with a glare. Percy then glared at me before sighing "I'm not fighting you man." He said as I smiled.

"That's too bad for you then." I say as I my shortened scythe off my back and spin it around as it elongates to its full length. I could see the fear flash in Percy's eyes at the sight which I couldn't blame him for. I'd be scared too if I wasn't the one wielding it. "Dude, Just calm down. We can talk this out can't we?" Percy said as I stepped closer as the grass beneath my feet began to wither and die.

"Nope. Try your best not to die, bull boy." I said as I leaped at him. I swung my scythe at him as he dodge but I gave him a pretty neat haircut. "Calm down!" He said as I swung again aiming for his neck to which he dodged again. I was getting sick of it, Nothing escaped my scythe, Nothing. I kicked him the back his knee bringing him to his knees as I swung at his back from behind again. I stopped my scythe before it took his head off.

I then took the time to look around. There was a sizeable crowd surround us. There was a perfect circle of dead grass around Percy and I. Just then I felt my wings spring from my back. Gasps of shock and horror resounded from the crowd. I looked up, A glowing poppy flower. "Dad." I muttered before turning my attention towards Chiron who was galloping towards me. "Let's have a talk, Carlos." He said gravely, gesturing for me to follow him as I did exactly that.

Chiron had to maneuver through the crowd. However, When I walked, the crowd parted like the Red Sea.