Why?

This oneshot was inspired by a story on my literature book😭!! I know it might sound dumb, but the plot was actually interesting! So..enjoy!

Humpty ran away, he ran away from the war, he needed to breathe, he needed to relax, to forget everything around him. He found a lake, a lake with cold and crystal clear water. He fell to his knees, washing his face to freshen himself. He looked at the sky, the sun was behind those damn clouds, he prayed to God "Oh father, make those monsters find the human inside them, open their eyes, so they can realize how inhuman this dang war is" He closed his eyes, a smile forming on his lips.

Humpty opened his eyes, but when he turned his face, he saw something in the distance. It was an enemy, with orange fur and emerald green eyes, he was getting closer and closer, causing Humpty to get his gun and point at him. Puss saw the egg, pointing his gun at him. Puss's eyes widen "Hermano, please, I am without weapons, I have nothing, I came here to relax. Please, don't hurt me" He said, slowly getting closer to prove to the egg that he didn't have any bad intentions, but Humpty didn't listen. He lost the human inside him, his eyes were now cold, staring at the feline, he steered the gun to his chest..

*BAM*

Puss fell to the ground, now his orange fur was mixed with blood, he groaned from the pain, he couldn't get up, these were his last moments. Humpty, before running away, he decided to stare at his half-dead enemy. Puss's mouth didn't speak, but his eyes did "Why?" They told him "Why did you do that mi hermano?" They stared at Humpty, half open "I have a mother, just like you, waiting for me to return" Humpty's eyes widen at this, what has he done? He decided to stare at him for a little while "I had met a beautiful gata, Kitty is her name. We planned a future together, with kids and family" Humpty stared in shock, he just shot an innocent man! The human inside him disappeared, war made him like that.

The only thing he could do right now to save him was to get him somewhere safe. He picked up the hurt one, and run to the closest and safest area. He felt the blood in his hands, Humpty started to tear up "Forgive me, my brother" He shouted "I'm sorry" He kept shouting. Humpty arrived to the area, he placed the he-cat to the ground while checking his temperature. Puss was still warm, so that meant that he was still alive. Humpty felt a temporary relief, he bandaged the wound and lied next to him "Oh God please spare him!" He prayed "Please don't take him to afterlife, not yet!" He prayed and prayed but Puss was already loosing a lot of blood "I forgive you" he whispered. Those were his last words, and with that, his soul flew away.