A cat like deer (AU)

Ok so, this takes place the day of the Santa Coloma incident and Kitty has one life left.
( WARNING: this oneshot contains scenes that might disturb some people and maybe scenes with gore, overall it contains angst)

Enjoy!!

It was a sunny day in Spain, and it was the most special day of all for two significant felines, who were no other than Puss in Boots and Kitty Softpaws.

The birds were singing, the weather was the perfect mix of warmth and a cool breeze and the sun was shining more than usual to Kitty's beautiful blue eyes. As for her, she was getting ready for the big day with a smile on her lips but also a hint of anxiety, what if she screws up everything? What if she forgets her vows? What if the guests don't accept her? What if Puss doesn't accept her? Kitty immediately brushed these thoughts out of her mind, Puss loved her and she loved him, what can go wrong? .... Nothing will go wrong, right?

Kitty snapped out of her monologue in her head and took a deep breath, it was currently 10AM and it was already time for the wedding. She looked again in the mirror, admiring her beautiful puffy wedding dress and thinking of how Puss would react to it. And with that, she smiled and got out of her room to face the crowd. Kitty stood there, with the bouquet on her soft white paws, waiting patiently for her soon to be husband to arrive, she finally felt like she has found the one, the one that she can love and trust, the one that will always be there for her and will never abandon her again. While she was waiting, she heard mean comments from the guests and received some glares and whispers from them, but even if they didn't accept her, she was sure that Puss would, that's what he told her on their first kiss, so for the sake of him, she waited...

———— ————- ————— —————- ————- —

"I can't do it.." Puss whispered to himself. He was just arriving at the alter, but he didn't want to marry someone and be dedicated only to one feline all his life, he didn't want to let the legend pass away, he didn't want to grow up. This act was gonna be disappointing and disgusting, he felt like a monster that moment, but he just couldn't marry her, what special did she have from the other women anyway?

He before turning away, he looked back at the church one last time, he felt tears forming on the corner of his eyes, he was gonna hurt her deeply, he knew that, but the legend was more important than just a cat. But Kitty wasn't just one regular cat, he had stolen his heart, at least for a short period of time, but from another view, Kitty is also a strong woman, she might not even care that he didn't show up "Lo siento, Kitty" He whispered, and with that, he ran away.

———— ———— ————- ———— ————- ————

Kitty was waiting desperately for hours right now, but Puss was nowhere to be found and the guests were impatient "Hey! Where is the legend?" One of the guests shouted to the bride "We are stuck here for hours! Is this some kind of a joke puta?" Another one of the guests yelled at Kitty "I told you he wouldn't come for her" A female guest whispered to another woman, both giggling and laughing. Suddenly, everyone started hating and yelling on Kitty for 'fooling' them "Por favor! He will be here in any second" She yelled as the guests were leaving "Yeah? Then where the fuck is he?" A drunk man pointed at the she-cat "He's gonna come soon okay?" Kitty said, now worried and pressured. Without even realizing it, the guests had already left the alter, leaving Kitty alone. She couldn't admit it, she didn't want to admit it, did Puss really left her? On their special day? Kitty couldn't believe it, she fell to her knees and stared at the entry, having at least a little hope that he was just late like always, but there was still no Puss, tears started running down her cheeks as she still stared with wide eyes at the entry "Puss where are you?" She whispered, now sobbing and crying quietly. Her dress was stained with tears and mascara. She couldn't do anything about it, he left her to be humiliated by all these people, he left her to be alone and miserable for the rest of her life, he broke her trust and heart, that's when Kitty realized that he never cared for her, she was just a temporary flame, but leaving someone at their wedding was the most cruel thing a person could do to their partner.