010

Peroxide blondes and Flourishes and Blots

-----------------

Chapter two

Third person view

The days in the burrow were more fun than the rest of the vacation days. Isaac laughed again and again as he noticed Harry becoming more and more curious about Wizarding houses.

He smiled when he saw Mr Weasley's astonished face when he and Harry explained how the Muggle telephone worked - even though Isaac was pureblood, he had knowledge about both worlds.

One fine morning, they received their letters from Hogwarts. Isaac glanced at Harry with a teasing smile whenever Ginny felt shy when she saw the boy with glasses in the room.

"Letters from school." Mr Weasley said as he handed the boys envelopes of the same color, with the blood-red Hogwarts stamp. "Dumbledore already knows you two are here, he doesn't miss one."

A pleasant silence filled the room as everyone read the letters they received. Isaac's said to board the Hogwarts Express at King's Cross station on September 1st. He was taking it all in stride, until he got to the book list.

Holy Merlin....

MATERIAL FOR SECOND GRADE STUDENTS

Standard Book of Spells, 2nd Series by Miranda Goshawk

How to Tame an Ominous Spirit by Gilderoy Lockhart

How to Have Fun with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Vacations with Wicked Witches by Gilderoy Lockhart

Trips with Goblins by
Gilderoy Lockhart

Vampire Excursions by
Gilderoy Lockhart

Walks with Werewolves by
Gilderoy Lockhart

A Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Why do we have so many books by this crazy man? He thought.

Fred, who had finished reading his own letter, peeked at Isaac's.

"They sent you to buy Lockhart's books too!" He exclaimed. "The new DADA teacher must be a fan of his, he's probably a witch."

Mrs Weasley looked at her own son with blood in her eyes. Emily laughed when she realized that her friend was still obsessed with the blonde-haired writer.

"This isn't all going to be cheap..." George muttered. "Lockhart's books are expensive."

"We will find a way." Mrs Weasley intervened. "I hope I can buy used supplies for Ginny."