021

Free Dobby and important reunions

-------------------

Chapter thirteen

Third person view

When Harry, Isaac, Ron, Ginny and Lockhart appeared in the doorway, covered in dirt and slime, and in Isaac's case, blood, there was a momentary silence. Then a scream was heard.

"Ginny!"

It was Mrs. Weasley, who was sitting crying in front of the fireplace. She jumped to her feet, closely followed by Mr. Weasley, and they both threw themselves at their daughter. Isaac, however, looked further.

The Prof. Dumbledore was standing by the mantelpiece, smiling, next to Professor McGonagall, who took several breaths, her hands on her chest. Fawkes flew past Isaac's ear and landed on Dumbledore's shoulder, at the same time that Harry, Isaac and Ron found themselves enveloped in Mrs. Weasley's tight embrace.

"You saved my daughter! You saved her! How did you do that?"

"I think we would all like to know," the Professor said to McGonagall in a weak voice.

Mrs. Weasley released Isaac and Harry, who hesitated for a moment, walked to the desk and placed the Sorting Hat, the ruby-studded sword and what was left of Riddle's diary on top of it. Then they started to tell everything.

For about fifteen minutes they spoke surrounded by attention and silence: they told about the invisible voice that Harry had heard, how Hermione had finally realized that he was hearing a basilisk in the pipes; how they and Ron had followed the spiders into the forest, which Aragog had revealed where the basilisk's last victim had died; how they had guessed that Moaning Myrtle was this victim and that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets could be in the bathroom...

"Very well" encouraged Professor McGonagall as he stopped "so you have found where the entrance was, and I would add: trampling over a hundred rules of our regulations, but, by God, Homam, how did you manage to get out of there alive?"

Isaac, with his voice hoarse from talking, then told about the providential arrival of Fawkes and the Sorting Hat with the sword inside. But at this point, he ran out of words. Until now, he had avoided mentioning Riddle or Ginny's diary. She was standing, her head resting on Mrs. Weasley's shoulder, and the tears were still streaming silently down her face.

And if they kicked her out? Riddle's diary was no longer useful... How were they going to prove that he was the one who had forced her to do everything? Instinctively, Isaac glanced at Dumbledore, who gave him a brief smile, his half-moon glasses reflecting the firelight.

"What interests me most," he said mildly, "is how Lord Voldemort managed to bewitch Ginny, when my sources inform me that he is currently hiding in the forests of Albania." Relief, warm, enveloping, glorious relief, washed over Isaac.