Zero to Hero

Night dissolves to dawn. Shifu sits under the peach tree with Oogway's staff, deep in thoughy. He has probably been sitting there all night.

???: *In the distance* Yah! Hai!

Shifu stirs, his ears prick as he hears kung fu noises in the distance. He goes to investigate, going to the place you would usually expect to see kung fu: the Training Hall. Shifu looks inside... it's empty. The noises continue from somewhere else... the bunkhouse. Inside the bunkhouse, as Shifu turns the corner, he sees Po's shadow as he performs some amazing kung fu moves.

Po: Hai...yah! Wai-ya!

Entering the kitchen, Shifu finds Po punching through a cupboard door with his bare fist, coming out with food and proceeding to stuff his face. Seeing Shifu, he stops mid-munch. In silence, they eye each other. Shifu surveys the room... broken lock, smashed doors, unhinged cabinets... the supposedly useless panda has completely trashed the kitchen. Po belches, bringing Shifu's attention back to him.

Po: *Annoyed and has his mouth full* What? I eat when I'm upset, okay?

Shifu gets a glimmer in his eye. He has an idea.

Shifu; Oh, no need to explain. I just thought you might be Monkey. He hides his almond cookies on the top shelf.

Shifu calmly exits and hides just outside the doorway, waiting to see if his hunch is correct. We see Po look to the shelf, smile, and sneak out of sight. KLUMP! KLONK! THUNK! Shifu rushes back inside and is amazed to find Po perched atop the high shelves, jamming cookies from a jar into his mouth, his legs in a split. Shifu's disbelief turns into a wise smile. Po spots him and stops eating.

Po: *Mouth full* Don't tell Monkey.

Shifu steps forward.

Shifu: Look at you...

Po: Yeah, I know. I disgust you.

Shifu: No, no, I mean... how did you get up there?

Po: I don't know. I guess I- I don't know. I was getting a cookie...

He looks at the cookie and then can't help but eat it.

Shifu: And yet you are ten feet off the ground... and have done a perfect split.

Po: No, this... this is just an...

Po's eyes widen as he begins to slip.

Po: ...accident.

WHOOMP! Po slips and crashes to the kitchen floor. A cookie rolls over to Shifu. He picks it up.

Shifu: There are no accidents. But first, where's your sister?

Po picks himself up from the pile of pans.

Po: I don't know, actually. When I woke up, she wasn't in her room. She tends to wake up early.

In the Sacred Hall of Warriors, Yue was walking around, looking at the exhibits. She cried herself to sleep last night, and yet she didn't feel any better. She continued walking around the displays of each weapon and artifact, gazing at them. It wasn't until she set eyes with Master Suyin's long spear that she felt a pang in her stomach.

Yue: I'll never understand how you did it. You probably had to deal with just as much discrimination as I did, and yet you managed to build a legacy. How can I ever be like you if I can't even look at myself in the mirror? How?!

Yue banged her head the base of display in frustration. Unfortunately, the spear began to wobble off its display before completely falling off, with Yue not looking up. The blade was about strike Yue, but luckily, her instincts kick in, and she backflips out of the way of the blade as it hits the ground. Yue's feet retouch the ground as she stares in shock at the sight before her.