(six)

The weekend came and I was trying to figure out a way out of this mess before Kate came over and knocked the door down.

I was drained; physically and emotionally.

Work was kicking my ass because I had so much paperwork from all the customers coming in and having service done. I was too tired to even talk to anyone, so I kept ignoring Abigail, making me feel like a shit person.

She tried calling me a few times after work, but I ignored it and slept all afternoon. I didn't do it intentionally, but my mind was exhausted.

Kate called me Friday morning to remind me about this weekend. She said to come over Friday night after work, but I honestly didn't think I could do it.

If only they knew the shit I've been going through lately and how exhausted I was from everything.

But I found myself driving over to Kate's house that afternoon, kicking myself to how stupid I was. I didn't need to be around everyone at the moment, I needed sleep.

When I arrived, I saw Asher run out the door towards my Jeep. I parked, shut the engine off then got out in time for him to jump into my arms.

"What's up, booger?"

"I miss you." He said. "Where you at all the time?"

"Working." I sighed as I placed him down. "You're getting too big to jump into my arms.

"You need to work out then." He laughs as he ran towards the house. I shook my head as I walked towards the door, then was greeted by Mason.

He nods then smiles. "Remi. How are you?"

"Tired."

"I bet. Working hard, huh?"

"Something like that." I said as I walked inside then went to the living room to sit down. I didn't care where Kate was at because I was too tired to function right now.

Asher came in after a moment, grabbed his controller to his Xbox then turned it on and started playing. I watched him for a moment before seeing Kate walk in the living room and walk towards me.

"Why didn't you come say hey to me?"

"I'm tired."

"Work got you that tired?"

I shrugged before looking towards the tv, watching Asher play his game. I saw Kate stare at me from the corner of my eye before walking out of the living room.

As Asher was playing his game, I kept getting messages from Abigail. I glanced at my phone a few times before setting it down, trying to ignore it the best I could.

My mind was still in a fog from all of this, and I needed time away from Abigail to sort everything out. I didn't fully believe that she was connected to Amaya, but I didn't want to push her away completely in fear that I would be pushing Amaya away.

After a while, the doorbell rang, and I heard Alina's voice come through the hall. I glanced over at the entrance before focusing back on the tv, where Asher was playing a racing game.

"Remi?" I heard Kate's voice, then turned to see her standing in the living room. "Can you come help me real quick?"

I got up, walked to the kitchen and helped Kate with whatever she wanted done. I followed her around, setting up the table and getting the food ready as everyone else was standing around.

"We need to hang out more." Kate said. "I feel like we don't do that enough."

"I'm sorry. My life is... insane right now."