(twenty)

The week went by and Sunday came around.

I was Alina's getting ready with Amaya. We were taking a shower together, laughing as we kept kissing each other and couldn't keep our hands away from each other.

When we got out and was dressed, I had a text from Kate telling me that she was leaving now. I knew that we were about to leave to head to church, and I couldn't contain these emotions inside of me.

Kate still didn't know about Amaya, and before I wanted to tell Kate, I asked Amaya if it was ok. She said that I could tell her, but she wasn't sure if she would believe or not.

When I mentioned that Kate was a heavy believer, that made Amaya smile. I remember all the times that Kate would talk about God, and I dismissed it because I didn't believe then.

But, Amaya made me a believer.

Something I never knew would happen.

"Are we ready to go?" Alina asked as we all walked out of the house. I got into the backseat of her car as I saw them get in afterwards.

Amaya reached back and grabbed my hand when I held it out to her. I saw her smile back at me before looking ahead, which I looked out the window as we drove down the street.

Sometime during the week, I mentioned to Amaya about what happened with Chad. She was surprised and worried, asking me if I was ok. I told her that the police came and arrested him, but she pulled me into a hug and held me tightly against her.

Which I didn't mind, but I kept reassuring her that I was ok.

She was worried, and she kept looking me over. I saw the concern in her eyes when I told her about him choking me and I was gasping for air. She didn't like it and closed her eyes for a moment before almost crying on my shoulder.

After that, she barely let me out of her sight. She held onto me as much as possible when we were sitting in the living room or eating together. I remember going to bed and she held me in her arms as we lay there in the dark.

Once we arrived at the church, I got out and Amaya reached for my hand before grabbing it. We walked in together, and I was constantly looking around for Kate. I saw her standing near Mason, who was holding Sophie and Asher was standing next to them.

He was the first one to see me, and instantly rushed to me. I picked him up and smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around my neck. "Aunt Remi!"

"Hey, booger."

"I missed you." He said as he pulled away.

"I missed you too."

Amaya walked up and smiled at us, making Asher look over towards her. "Hi, Asher." I saw him look at me before looking back at her.

"Hi."

"This is my girlfriend." I said, making him look at me. I look back towards Amaya, and she looks at me before smiling at Asher.

"My name is Amaya." She whispered to him.

Asher stared at her before furrowing his eyebrows. I saw the confusion in his eyes, and for a moment I thought he might have remembered her, but Mason walked over before he could say anything.

"Remi." He smiled. "It's good to see you."

Kate walked over and hugged me once I placed Asher down. I saw her smile at me before glancing over at Amaya, who was shaking hands with Mason.

"Girlfriend?" She whispered.

"Yeah." I said, making her smile. "We need to talk after service."

"About?"