(fourteen)

I started going back to work, and the last few days were easy. I had a lot of my workers ask if I was ok, and I told them that I would be fine. I took my medicine the last few days, and I've been sleeping a little better. I didn't wake up throwing up anymore.

Good signs.

It felt good to get back to work, and not be laid in bed sick. I felt better for sure.

Things have been getting a little better for me. I haven't been dreaming about Amaya as much, and the negative thoughts that revolved around things vanished... somewhat.

Abigail was still trying to talk to me, but I've been ignoring her for the past few days. I didn't want to talk to her, but she wouldn't get the hint.

Something about her was off, and I didn't like it.

When it was Friday, I was out in the shop working with my workers. I enjoyed working out here more than I did inside, but I was the boss and couldn't manage the floor at the same time.

But when I was out here, it was nice. It brought back a lot of memories when I was working here.

When it was lunch time, I told everyone to take a lunch break as I walked back to my office. I had some lunch from leftovers last night, so I brought it to work. I texted Alina that morning and told her not to worry about bringing lunch because I had some.

When I walked into my office, I stopped when I saw Abigail sitting on my desk. I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked further in, making her hop off the desk. "What are you doing here?"

Before she could speak, the door behind me had shut. I turned around and froze when I saw Chad standing there with a smile on his face. "What's up?"

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Came to see my friend." He said.

"Friend?" I said, wanting to laugh. "Who said I was your friend?"

He shrugs as he steps further towards me. "We were friends two years ago... what, we're not friends anymore?" He placed his hand on chest. "I'm hurt."

"What the hell do you want?" I asked, clearly confused. I haven't seen him in years. He vanished one day and never showed his face again, so I was standing here a little too confused right now.

"I came back to see how you were doing... and shit."

"Why?" I asked.

He shrugs, and I knew something was up. I glanced over at Abigail, who was watching us before looking back at Chad. "Do you know each other?" I asked.

Chad smiles before nodding. "We do."

"How?"

"That's none of your business." He said.

I crossed my arms and stared at him. I was getting irritated with his ass. I knew he was up to something, but I wasn't about to get caught up in this shit.

"So..." Chad spoke. "I heard about Amaya. I'm sorry. But you should of known she wasn't going to live."

That clearly made me mad.

"What the hell, Chad..." I said, trying not to raise my voice.

"You know why I left?" He said, looking at me and waiting for an answer. "Because I was tired... of the same shit. You, mainly."

"Me? What the hell did I do to you?"

"Everything. You were blind that I clearly had a thing for you... but chose someone who wasn't capable of giving you what I would have gave you... someone you left you. And a second thing..." He held up his hand and waved it around the room. "This. This was all suppose to be mine... but no... since your stupid dad owned it before... then gave it to someone else... of course you had to take it. I was tired of being around you, when everyone else was praising you."