(seventeen)

I woke up in the middle of the night, which made me sit up to try and get out of bed. I stopped when I heard a voice, and a hand was gripping my arm, which made me turn to look into the darkness.

"Remi? What's wrong?"

As I stared into the darkness, I reached over and started feeling in the dark until my hand touched a face. I moved my hand around before hearing her chuckle.

"Remi,"

That made me crawl over the bed before leaning over her and turning the lamp on that was on the bedside. When the room was lit, I leaned back and stared at the woman in the bed with me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It wasn't a dream." I whispered as I stared at her.

She smiled. "Come here." I crawled over her before laying on top of her. She wrapped her arms around me then kissed the top of my head, which made me close my eyes.

I fell into a blissful sleep afterwards.

-

When I woke up the next morning, I closed my eyes again before stretching. I turned onto my back and opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling and taking a deep breath.

I finally had a decent night sleep.

Turning over, I came face-to-face with Amelia. I stared at her for a moment before reaching over and caressing her cheek, watching her move a little.

A tingle sensation ran down my arm, through my body before I sighed. I saw move around more before reaching towards my arm and grabbing my wrist.

She opened her eyes afterwards, and she smiled. I could feel my heart fluttering inside of me as I saw the same smile that Amaya always gave me.

"Good morning, Angel." She smiled at me. "What time is it?"

"Not sure." I said, making her continue to smile.

After a moment, there was a slight knock on the door. I looked over as it opened, and Alina stepped inside. She smiled at us before standing at the doorway.

"I made breakfast for you two. Sorry for barging in. Force of habit." She smiled before walking out.

Amelia looks at me, then smiles. "Let's get up." She moved the covers off her, and I followed her out of the room.

Once I walked into the kitchen, I saw Alina setting the table. She told us that we can make our plates and sit down together.

When we prayed before eating, I grabbed Amelia's hand and felt a wave of electricity run through my body as I stared at her once she released my hand.

Alina started talking about how it was a miracle that Amaya was reincarnated, and I sat there pushing my food around as she talked. She got up for a moment, and I glanced over at Amelia, who was watching me.

"Eat, Angel."

That made me look down at the plate and start eating.

Once breakfast was done, we sat on the couch. I had my back against the arm as my legs were over her lap as she sat up against the couch. She grabbed her Bible from upstairs beforehand and was reading it as I was staring at her.

"Read to me." I said, making her look over at me.

"Ok." She smiled. She began reading, and I felt myself in a trance as I listened. I felt my body relax after so many years of pushing myself and beating myself up over the lose of Amaya.

Years of depression and sadness that accompanied me wherever I went. I didn't look for anything else in life besides working and keeping my mind motivated so I wouldn't fall into a depressed hole.

I thought I would be running through a cycle my whole life, searching for an answer as to why God took Amaya from me before I had the chance to live my life with her.

Even though I still felt like I was in a dream, the woman that was currently reading the Bible to me had me in a trance that only Amaya could accomplish.

"Angel?"

"Yeah?" I saw her stare at me before slightly smiling.

"Why did you stop going to church?"

I sighed as I looked down at my lap before crossing my arms. "I lost faith in... everything."

"Because of me?"

"Because of me, actually."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't understand."

"I just... gave up on believing in a lot of stuff. Amaya- you, taught me so much and opened my eyes to... new perspectives. When you left... I found myself inside of a dark hole." I saw her place the Bible down and stare at me.

"I'm so sorry, Angel." She said before reaching over and grabbing my hand.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't make yourself die."

"I know." She sighed. "But it hurts knowing that you were out, alone in the world suffering."

I slowly nod before looking down at our hands. "It's ok now. You're here..."

"I am." She smiled as she brought my hand up and kissed the back of it.

We chilled on the couch for a while. Alina came in and said she had to go to work, and she won't be home until later in the afternoon. She asked if Amaya needed anything before looking at me and smiling, asking if I needed anything.

"I'll be back later." She said her goodbye then left.

As a few moments went by, I realized that I didn't have my Jeep here. I looked for my phone but didn't find it near me, and that caught Amaya's attention as she looked over at me.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to text Kate to see if she'll take me to get my Jeep." I got up and walked to the room before finding my phone on the table near the bed. I texted her before walking back to the living room and sitting down.

"Are you staying here today?" Amaya asked, making me look over at her.

"Yeah."

She smiled before looking back at her Bible. I slightly smiled before moving up onto the couch more, then crawling over and until my legs were on either side of her. I wrapped my arms around her, then leaned my head against her shoulder.

I smiled once she wrapped her arms around me, and a wave of electricity ran through my body. I sighed as I stayed in that position for a while, not wanting to move.

"I love you, My Angel."

"I love you." I said, making my voice crack as I tried not to cry. I held onto her tightly as I could feel her heart beating with mine, and everything around us disappeared.

I had Amaya back in my life, and it was something I never thought was possible until my faith in God was restored. I had faith back in my life, thanks to Amaya, and I knew that this was the beginning of having my life back to where it needs to be.