•||Chapter 2: Winter||•

Winter was coming soon, winter was only a week away. Mist knew that the economy is gonna suffer greatly due to barely having any food. She goes outside to admire the sky but all it was was grey clouds which was still pretty but Mist was always expecting a rainbow to just appear ever since she learned about rainbows.

"Another cloudy day but darker..." she signed, the clouds kept getting darker and darker each day.

It was like a doom clock, ticking down to their doom. She paused and looked around for some flowers.

"Wait, there are never flowers here...I forgot...again..." Mist stuttered to herself.

She always wanted to see what it looked like outside of the empire, she tried so many times to escape but every time she tried she would get caught and punished for it. There was no escape yet but it was possible which was nice. She then got an idea and explored the empire, she stopped and watched 2 females arguing and both had a gun. It wasn't going to end well at all, both of the females began shooting at each other in anger and no one won. It was pretty classic and usual for people to be fighting and killing due to what the outsiders call their "instinct" or "nature" even though it had a long and huge backstory of why they were like this. It used to be so great and beautiful and lords who would actually care for their people. It was all in the past though and Mist knew that she couldn't change the empire due to how ignorant and stubborn people are in the empire. She moves along and finds a stable taller than the walls of the gate.

"I can try to go here at nighttime...no guards are here, they are usually at the gates anyways" Mist said to herself.

A friend of Mist, named Daisy came up to her and hugged her from behind.

"What are you doing?" Daisy asked.

"Just self-reflecting on how I can escape..." Mist signed, shaking her head.

"Yeah this place sucks, maybe I can join you in escaping!" Daisy responded happily.

"You sure?...what happens if we get caught?" Mist asked with a concerned tone.

"We won't, I am sneaky as well" Daisy replied confidently.

"If you say so..." Mist said, looking at the ground.

Daisy stayed silent and thought of a way to cheer up Mist since she didn't like her friend being so depressed and feeling trapped all the time.

"Hey if we do escape maybe we can find your favorite colors and maybe even rainbows!" Daisy stated happily.

"True" Mist responded with a smile, Daisy was always the best at comforting and cheering her up and she appreciated it.

The bell rings meaning to go home or else you are risking your life type of thing.

"I guess we gotta go home now" Daisy said.

"Yeah and let's meet tomorrow night at this location" Mist stated.

Daisy nods and they go home, the guards were walking around the empire to make sure that no one was sneaking out.