Chapter 2: Sorrow and Scorn unrivaled

[4th Wall/ No one's POV]

[4 years until the adoption.]

We return to see Dio and Y/N who are now 8 years old, they are standing in the rain one supporting the other to stand while looking over their mother's burial, she died just like before due to overworking herself to support her family because a certain leech like urchin. 

Dario Brando couldn't be bothered doing anything aside from being drunk, stealing, robbing and looting corpses like the maggot he is. Speaking of Dario he didn't even show up for his own wife's burial, only Dio, Y/N, the priest/ father and the grave digger stand there with only Dio and Y/N with a look of sorrow on their faces.

Y/N: "Why... Why does God only take the good ones and leave the rotten and toxic filth to fester?"

Y/N asked the priest through teary eyes, the priest could only look on with sympathy towards the twins who obviously despise their father, he even didn't bother showing at the burial and is most likely drowning himself in booze.

The Priest then blesses the grave of their mother before letting the twins pray to their mother that is finally able to rest and be away from the man who was blight on her life.

Y/N: "Mother... I wish you eternal peace and I promise that I will be worthy of the names you gave me, I will aid any In need with all the strength and intelligence that I have with the body you birthed rest well, may you guide me in my times of need."

Dio: "Mother. I promise to look after my brother with all that I have, nothing will take him away from me, like how father took you. I promise."

Dio clenched his right hand as to not accidentally crush his younger brother's hand, who was currently weakly squeezing his hand in sorrow.

Dio: "I am going to poison that Old bastard and then me and my brother will move to somewhere else and suffer no more! I DIO! SWEAR THIS!"

A burning ambition has now taken root inside of Dio's heart that will not go out until he has claimed everything and his dear weak younger brother is safe and in a paradise that makes sure he is safe.

[Y/N's POV]

We then start walking home after the funeral is over, the coldness of the wind and the pitter patter of the rain resembles how my heart is after here death, which can only be describe with one word...

Y/N: "Drowned... It feels as though my heart is being drowned."

Dio: "..."

We both kept walking Dio not saying anything but I could tell in his eyes, he has been set on the course of that fate has preordained for him, I will most likely let him keep on his path-...

Y/N: "No I will not. I REFUSE TO LOSE HIM TOO OR ANYONE! JUST BECAUSE IN MY WORLD THIS WORLD WAS A STORY DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT STILL IS! I WILL SAVE HIM AND EVERYONE FROM FATE! THIS IS MY WISH THAT I ALONE WILL BRING TO FRUITION! I SWEAR!"