Chapter 6

*One Month Later*

Selina's P.O.V
Luke has been getting more distant recently and when I tried to ask him about it then he just kept saying it was nothing. Not long after getting a phone call and packing me in my own. I'd hate to think he is cheating on me taking in to consideration that our 4 year anniversary is tomorrow night.

"Babe I have to go my mom wants me home." Luke kisses my cheek and I smile at him. "I'll call you later princess I love you."

"I love you too." I replied with a weak smile. When the door closed I looked out the window. He didn't walk in his house. He got in his car and drove off.

Something is definitely not right of he is lying to me after all this time. I decided to call his Mom up and see if she knows what is going on.

"Hey sweety what do you need?" She asks sweetly.

"I was just- um wondering. If Luke had any plans that he told you about today? He's been kinda distant recently and with our anniversary coming up tomorrow and it had me thinking that I did something wrong. He just got a text, then- then said he had to leave. Barely even said a goodbye." My voice was shakey.

"I'm sorry Darling I'll have a talk with him when he gets back. I don't know where he would have gone to at this time of day."

"Thanks Mrs. Chev. If you find anything out so you mind ringing me up? I'd hate if he's distancing himself cause of something I did."

"Sure thing. You'll be this first I call when I find things out. Have a nice rest of your day sweety."

"You too Mrs. Chev." And with that the call ended.

I sit in my living room sighing. I can't deal with Luke anymore. It's like he's a whole different person and its frustrating. He won't tell me anything anymore and I know somethings wrong.

*

"I though you understood why I was distancing myself!"

"She doesn't deserve to be kept in the dark about what's going on!"

"I don't want her to get hurt. I love her and if she knows then- then it'll just break her. I don't want to break her."

"Don't you see?! She's already hurting. You've been distancing yourself and she thinks it's her fault."

The voices of Luke and my Mom quieted down. It sounded like she was crying.

"If you don't tell her yourself I will. I will not let you do this to my only daughter." My Mom's voice threatened.

"I'll fix it." Luke's voice was a whisper. "But I have a few questions I need to ask first. Come with me, I need to get my Mom as well."

The voices faded as did the foot steps. I took this as my chance to leave the room. The front door opened and closed signaling I had the house to myself.

When I got to the kitchen I made myself a bowl of cereal. What is wrong with him that I can't know!?

Luke's P.O.V
"So you guys are okay with this? Me giving her my last little bit of love." I ask in shock but with yet happiness.

"You'll be keeping her happy while you still can. It's all we really can ask for. Now you know where it is. Go get it and get ready. We'll get things ready for tonight.