Chapter Eight

When I arrive back,

he seems unsurprised.

He sitting there with a stupid smug smirk.

He's lucky there is a glass panel in between us,

because if there wasn't,

I'd slap that stupid smile off his face.

"I see your back eh?" he taunts.

I wanted to say something back, but I am here for answers and that's it.

So I should get straight to the point.

"How do I know your not just using me for bail. And besides, am I even allowed to do that? You literally killed over 15 people." 

"Great question." he says, his smile still present.

But suddenly, he is serious.

"Look, I'll explain but you'll have to hear me out . . . instead of calling bullshit and leaving like you do a few moments ago." he says casually.

I scoff.

I've got to admit, that wasn't one of my proud moments.

And I could have saved myself some time if I stayed.

But the past is in the past.

"Fine, get to the point though." I remark.

"Okay so basically . . ." he starts.

This is how I know I'm in for an earful. 

"When someone's name is given to a dragon, that dragon is supposed to protect that person, as I  am sure you know. I noticed your smartass has pissed off a lot of people. And you'd be surprised how many people go straight to murder to fix their problems. But yet again," he continues before I interrupt.

"Onyxbury is a strange place, yeah, I get it. Continue on." I say, finishing his sentence.

He seems amused and raises an eyebrow, but continues.

"So yeah, many people are out to get you. And I kill each and everyone of them. Without me, you'd be dead." he continues.

I scoff.

"I can take care of myself. And besides, I think you missed someone." I say.

"And who may that be, your ex?" he says.

Fuckin smartass.

Of course he knows who my ex is,

creep.

"Then why haven't you killed him yet?" I ask agitatedly. 

"Cause, some ancient witch protection spell, can't touch him." he says casually.

I sigh.

This is unbelievable.

This sounds like bullshit, but yet again, I am here for answers.

And besides, it's not like there's another explanation I can think of right now.

But again, this sounds ridiculous.

"So how will you be proving to me your a  dragon?" I say skeptically.

"First, you'll have to bail me out cause I obviously can't show you here. Then, I'll show you my wings. Can't show you my full form because . . . let's just say it will definetly catch peoples attention."

I sigh.

I've made plenty of stupid decisions.

Trust me, before my story was being documented here, I was the most logical person ever,

And if I am being completely honest,

I want to bail him out.

He can protect me . . .

Scratch that.

He has to protect me.

And I wouldn't mind that.

Safety and protection is the best for of security to me . . .

other than money of course.

And I don't have an infinite supply of that, so I might as well take my chances.

I rub my temple an sigh.

"I'll do it." I mumble.

His eyebrows shoot up and he gives me a shocked look.

"Are you serious Lee?" he exclaims.

I nod.

I am definety going to regret this. 

"If this is a scam, I'll kill you with my bare hands, got that?" I grumble.

He instantly smiles.

"No problem Lee! I hear ya loud and clear!" he says with a bright smile, then blowing me a kiss.

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever, Coffee, I'll get your bail in order." I grumble, but a smile is creeping on to my face.

His enthusiasm is funny.

"I  said call me draco!" he wines.

I stand up from my chair.

"Too bad, coffee!" I yell behind me as I walk out the station.

Sorry for the chapter being so late at night! I had to braid my hair today and go to the mall with my sisters and stuff.

Thanks again for reading my story!

Have a good one, bye!