Prologue: The Boy Birthed from Blizzards and the Last Airbender

3rd POV

Our scene opens to two people on a boat, a boy and a girl. The two of them are currently drifting in the South Pole's waters, trying to hunt fish.

Sokka: Katara, stop moving the canoe, you're scaring the fish!

Sokka is a young, southern water tribe boy who considers himself a man's man. He's currently hunting fish with his sister, Katara.

Katara: Did you ever consider that the boat might be moving because you're leaning over it so much?

Katara is a young girl, and, as previously mentioned, Sokka's sister. She's also the last remaining waterbender of the southern water tribe.

 She's also the last remaining waterbender of the southern water tribe

Sokka: Shhh, I think I see one.

Katara takes off her glove and begins moving her hands around until a small orb of water floats out of the river they're in, the orb containing a fish.

Katara: Look! Sokka, look! I got one!

Sokka: Yeah, yeah, great. Now let me do this. Mmmm, I can already smell you cooking, Mr. Fish.

Sokka leans back, ready to strike the fish, when he accidentally pokes the bubble of water with the back end of his spear, causing the bubble to pop and the fish flops back in the water.

Sokka: Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked?

Katara: It's not magic, it's water bending. And it's...

Sokka: Yeah, yeah, an ancient art. Yadda yadda, whatever. Look, all I'm saying is that if I had weird powers, I'd keep them to myself.

Katara: Right, I'm the weird one. Not the guy who flexes at himself every time he sees his reflection.

Sokka: Yeah well, you know who's even weirder than you? Mr. Silent Snowman who just happened to show up one day. Why'd you just invite him to stay at the village, exactly?

Katara: Didn't you see? He's a water bender! He bended that huge iceberg near the village so easily, so he can't be with the Fire Nation. Besides, if I can get him to teach me how to bend like that, then maybe I can help keep the village safe if the fire nation ever shows up.