Chapter 3: The Avatar State. Agni Kai

y/n POV

We make our way to a large, ornate door in the air temple, presumably guarding the air temple sanctuary.

Katara: Aang, nobody could've survived in there for a hundred years.

Aang: It's not impossible. I survived in the iceberg for that long!

Katara: Good point.

Aang: Look, whoever's in there might help me figure out this avatar thing.

Sokka: And they might have a medley of delicious, cured meats!

y/n: Doubtful, as the airbenders were vegetarians, based off what I've read.

However, it seems my words fell on deaf ears, as the starving fool charges face first into the large door, not moving in an inch. He tries pushing on it, but to no avail.

y/n: Well, what did you think would happen? I doubt any place with the title of "sanctuary" would be so easy to access.

He walks up to me until he's very close to my face.

Sokka: I think I hate you.

I walk past him, unbothered by his words.

y/n: The feeling is starting to become mutual. Now then, I imagine you know how to get in, Avatar?

Aang: Yep! The key to getting in here is airbending!

The young airbender then takes a deep breath and begins airbending a steady stream of air into the two tubes on either side of the door's complex mechanism. The air travels through the tubes and rotates three separate locks. The doors then open without issue, leading into a dark room.

Aang: Hello? Anyone home?

We make our way into the room, preparing ourselves for whoever Aang thinks he'll find in here.

3rd POV

The scene cuts to Prince Zuko, sitting with Commander Zhao's guards on either side of him, while the commander, himself, paces in front of the young prince.

Zhao: So, a twelve year old boy bested you and your firebenders?

Zuko's mind flashes back to what his uncle told him, about the boy in the large coat. The "Blizzard Bender". Seeing as how Zhao still doesn't know about him yet, Zuko stays quiet.

Zhao: You're more pathetic than I thought.

Zuko: I underestimated him once, but it will not happen again!

Zhao: You're right, it won't. Because you won't have a second chance.

Zuko: Commander Zhao, I've been hunting the Avatar for two years and I-

Zhao cuts Zuko off with a fiery wave of his hand.

Zhao: You failed. Capturing the Avatar is too important to leave in a teenager's hands. He's mine now.

The banished prince growls and lunges at the commander, only to be held back by the guards at his sides.

Zhao: Keep them here.

Zhao walks off, as Zuko kicks the small table in front of him out of rage, sending the tea set on top of it clattering to the floor.

Iroh: ...More tea please.

y/n POV

Entering the room, we're greeted with its massive interior and the several statues of various people, all standing straight up. We all walk forward, examine the various statues.

Sokka: Statues, that's it? Where's the meat?!

The three of us choose to ignore him, staring up at a few statues.