Chapter 1: Leaving The South Pole

y/n POV

The Avatar, huh? What an unexpected, yet welcome development. He and the scarred boy begin circling each other, talking as they do.

Scarred Boy: I've been waiting my whole life for this moment. Training tirelessly. But you're just a child!

Aang: Well, you're just a teenager.

The scarred boy begins shooting several blasts of fire at the avatar, each of which are blocked with a shield of bended air. This continues until one of the fire blasts disperses around the crowd of villagers, prompting them to scream in fear.

Aang: Ok, look. If I agree to go with you, will you leave the village alone?

The boy nods as two soldiers restrain the air bender.

Katara: No, Aang, don't do this!

Aang: Don't worry, Katara. I'll be alright. Just watch Appa for me until I get back.

And with that, Aang is taken away and the ship takes off. The villagers begin repairing the damage that the fire nation ship had done as I make my way out to the water. Eventually, I hear footsteps behind me.

Katara: What are you doing here?

y/n: Thinking. And yourself?

Katara: I guess I'm thinking as well. Thinking about how I'm going to rescue Aang.

y/n: You intend to rescue him? You're one girl, who can barely water bend. If the Fire Nation was so easily taken down, I could've ended this war myself if I wanted.

Katara: Well, at least I'm trying! What did you do when the Fire Nation showed up? Nothing! If you're half as strong as you say you are, why didn't you taken them down?! Why didn't you help us!?

y/n: I assure you, I am as strong as I say myself to be. I simply didn't see them as worthy opponents.

Katara: Really? You'd let us all get wiped out because of such a selfish reason?!

y/n: Well, I'd do something before it got to that point. Letting you all perish when I could've done something to prevent it wouldn't sit well on my conscience.

Katara: Well, I'm so happy your conscience is clean! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to save the only hope the world has of ending this war.

y/n: And how, exactly, do you intend to do that? You have no boat, you have no skill in bending. And you're outnumbered, at least, twenty to one. Sounds like an uphill battle, if you ask me.

Sokka: Well, she won't have to do it alone.

Turning around, I see Sokka had shown up, a canoe floating in the water beside him.

Katara: Sokka, you do care!

She runs up to her brother and they share a hug, when another set of footsteps approaches.

Gram Gram: What do you all think you are doing?

The two siblings smile sheepishly, trying to avoid being caught. Gram Gram then smiles at the two.

Gram Gram: You'll need these, you'll be on a long journey.

She then hands them both large sleeping bags.

y/n: Not to destroy the sentimental mood, but I don't anticipate a canoe catching up with a fire navy ship too easily.

As if to answer my question, Appa walks over a hill in the horizon, calling out to us.

Katara: And how about a flying bison?

y/n: I suppose that would be quite a bit faster.

Katara: So, Geten, are you coming or not? We'd appreciate the help.