04 ━ POISON

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter four. )

Edited 12/26/2015 @5:36 PMEdited 08/20/2016 @8:20 PMEdited 04/27/2018 @2:02 AM

Edited 08/20/2016 @8:20 PM
Edited 04/27/2018 @2:02 AM

  WEEKS WENT BY AND, WITH every day that passed, restlessness began to ease its way in. There was no telling what HYDRA had done and, with the scepter in their hands, the possibilities were nearly endless. Though, despite this, there was a part of Andrea that didn't want to believe that anyone else had been through what she had. The mere thought itself was sickening.

  Andy bit her lip. She knew that dwelling on it now would do no good, but how could she ignore it? She knew what it was like to be nothing more than a lab-rat and there was no one on this Earth that the Jones woman would wish her fate on to. Andrea sighed heavily, attempting to focus on the TV before her. Even if she felt little interest in the program that was playing.

  After the day's training exercise with Natasha, Andy had been sent home to rest, despite the fact that resting was the last thing she felt like doing. Everyone agreed that it was smarter for the female to ease her way into combat before attempting to use her powers. Especially in the days leading up to their final mission; finding and eliminating the last few HYDRA bases left.

  Tomorrow was when the real work began.

  Ignoring Steve's protest, Tony had asked the Jones woman to finally test her abilities in a controlled environment. Once she was safely cleared to use her powers, they could finally put their mission into action after nearly a month's worth of planning. Andrea, in spite of Steve's protest as well, had agreed─ though she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about what the outcome might be.

  There was no telling what could happen with this newfound serum in her blood. After numerous tests, doctors had concluded that numerous aspects of her abilities had enhanced and that the serum had effected the rate at which she healed, aged, and maintained control over her powers. But, they'd also warned that the serum had the potential to make her incredibly unstable.

   That was, if she didn't have the necessary concentration it took to control her abilities. Andrea raised her left hand in front of her face, studying the limb that had once held the ability to shock anyone at a mere touch. She wondered how much had changed about her and what new things she'd have to get used to all over again.

  The brunette pursed her lip, unable to help but recall a single memory from her days within HYDRA; a time in which she'd been terrified of herself. Accepting what she'd become had been hard. She didn't understand how to handle such a massive change in her life. Though, evidently, she didn't have to worry about that as HYDRA took the matter into their own hands and stripped the female of her identity.

  Andy dropped her hand as the sudden sound of the phone ringing was heard. She turned her head, reaching behind her and stretching her arm to grab ahold of the cordless house phone. Once she had it in her hand, the female quickly pressed accept. She already knew who it would be; there was only one person who would try to reach her at this time of night.