14 ━ UNINVITED GUEST

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter fourteen. )

Edited 12/29/2015 @4:45 AMEdited 07/25/2019 @8:11 AM

Edited 07/25/2019 @8:11 AM

  ANDREA STOOD THERE FOR A moment, basking in the last of her fluttering heart and her humming skin. She turned away from the elevator, collecting the pieces of her sensible self as she began making her way back towards the team. Of course, she wasn't too keen on facing the teasing that would follow, but that was already a given considering the friends she had.

  They were family─ and so, that went without saying that they could be just as (if not more) irritating than real siblings were.

  Andrea pulled herself out of her thoughts, her gaze drawn to the sight of Natasha waiting for her at the top of the staircase. The brunette smiled softly, shaking her head as Nat's jade eyes watched her carefully. Bracing herself for an interrogation, Andy ventured closer. Nat beamed and it was an all-knowing smile that Andy struggled not to return.

  "Don't even go there," she warned, but there was a grin still teasing at the edge of her lips. Even as much as she wanted to, the brunette couldn't ignore the way her interaction with Henry made her feel elated with an emotion she couldn't name. It was such a different thrill... a whole other version of excitement than she was used to.

  Natasha grinned, raising her hands in defence, "I didn't say anything."

  Andrea rose her own, skeptical brow in response. Natasha's expression said enough so that her mouth didn't have to. Nat smiled as she took Andy's arm and they began their descent down the stairs. "But, I am going to get all the details before tonight ends," she stated, the words more fact than suggestion.

  Andy chuckled and, rather than fighting it, she hummed a half-hearted agreement. If she was lucky enough, a beer or two would muddle Natasha's memory so that she wouldn't have to relive the tantalizing encounter with Dr. Carver. Andrea bit her lip. Even just the smallest mention seemed to bring him back to mind.

  Andrea tried to recall if he'd been that attractive when she'd first met him. Though, she quickly found herself shaking the thought away. Now definitely wasn't the right time for this. She wasn't ready for romance. That much was obvious just in the lingering guilt she felt alone.

  Andrea exhaled a soft sigh as she approached the team, choosing to ignore the way everyone's eager eyes turned towards her upon their entrance. "I could go for a 24 hour nap right now," she said as she collapsed onto the couch beside Steve. She kicked off her shoes, allowing him to wrap his arm around her comfortingly.

  Tony smiled from behind his drink, "Dr. Carver wore you out that fast?" The brunette gaped in shock as she turned to the Stark man.

  However, Tony only laughed as Andy picked up her shoe. "Don't even go there!" She warned, waving the flat with threat to her tone. But, the group could only be amused as laughter broke out among them. Not a moment later, the conversation delved into rapid talk.